Where to purchase

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GP

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Can anyone recommend where to purchase a detector from in Victoria.
I think I would prefer to buy from a shop rather than online given the cost of around $4000.
I'm not sure if I should I get a price for a harness and pick etc with the detector or buy separate.
GP.

What detector are you looking at, regarding harness?.

Nothing wrong with buying online provided the seller is reputable (purchase from a know retailer). Best approach is find the best price package for what you want through the many retailers nationally then pay by card over the phone if you don't want to go through the online process.

Talk with the reputable retailers in your home state and the neighbouring states and see what package you can get.

CWPS (Central West Prospecting Supplies) are great to deal with, I have no affiliation to them just a good buying experience and support. Just my 10c worth.

Good luck, the new 4500's are well received from what I read and hear :Y:.

make a few phone calls harness comes with 45 and do a deal with a pick
coiltek 5460 4700 minerden Mitcham Bendigo gold the last 2 are all the same shop do your home work regards john :)

Miners Den are in both Mitcham and Ballarat. Coiltek are in Maryborough. All are great to deal with. A harness comes with the 4500 as it also carries the battery. As old hand said, get a good deal on the pick and hand shovel. Importantly take them up on the offered training. The 4500 is a great machine, but takes some learning. If you post your intended location when you're going to the fields, I'm sure one of our members would gladly catch up with you and provide some instruction. All the best out there.

I just bought a gpx4500 from central west prospecting supplies and was more than happy with them. Shipped fast and good to deal with.

Though being new to detecting i believe having a local dealer and someone u can go back to with questions and help is a good option and worth a lot more than a cheap deal.

Good luck

Thanks Guys for all your comments.
It's good to hear that most of the suppliers are reputable.
I've check the online prices and they are all around the same which makes me think I should just go to a more local shop.
Thanks again. ;)

I got a gpx 4500 at coiltek maryborough for $3400 new three years warranty you can't go wrong top shop . :D

Latest posts