Fresh with a new gpx4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to everyone.

Im just starting out with a new machine and want to join in the chat and learn as much as i can along the way.

Got myself a GPX 4500 and been breaking it in around the Nundle and north west area. Ive spent a hand full of days out and still not found anything worth reporting on. Just enjoying the time out and about.

Already learned a lot from reading some of whats the guys here have to say. Really informative and interesting stuff. Thanks heaps to the people producing such helpful articles.

Cheers, Andy

Welcome aboard Andy, even just the fresh air is a good start hey mate ! :Y:

HI Andy, 4500 is a great machine, more than capable. I love mine and have found plenty of gold large and small and smaller. :D

Welcome Andy. From what I've heard the 4500 is a very capable machine and should do you well. Just takes time and of course practice--a little bit of luck always helps too.
Jaros ]:D

Thanks for the welcomes, will be good to update some finds for you guys if/when they come about.

Im still trying to learn the different soil timing and where to use them in my area and as conditions change. Was previouly using sensitive extra as the fp but thinking enhace might better, there seems to be a lot of false readings and hot rock in my local. So a chart I was reading seem to indicate it would be better with a mono coil?

Im picking up a lot of scrap and old bullets so far, so im thinking I must be doing something right. Getting small pieces of iron about thesize of a grain of rice at about 4-6 inch deep so I shouldnt be far off some gold (hopefully).

Cheers

Are you only running standard coils? Myt advise will be to get either a Nugget Finder Evo or a Coiltek Elite.

This is my haul for for the weekend running a 17x11 Elite

1490578091_web_gold.jpg

Do you really think the coil has that much to do with it?

I was trying to justify the purchase of the detector before I went out and spent more money on extras although I was definitely looking at upgrading the coil just as soon as I could afford it.

ill keep u updated on how I'm going with it anyway SteelPat. (nice haul for a weekend too)

Latest posts