Bullumwaal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's some of the 'better' pieces (note that the photo is taken through a 10x loop magnifier haha) from about about 3 crevices last weekend.

1375345520_untitled.jpg

Hopefully I can spend a bit more time this weekend and will have more to show!

Beauty Kingsy!

As Wal says, it'll soon start to add up after a while. Keep at it! Looking forward to seeing you hit that nice rich crevice soon.

Always great to see some gold, no matter the size.
All the best,
Shauno.

Thanks Shauno, this is only from one pan full, most of last weekend was spent scoping out new places, hopefully this weekend I can spend most of the time panning :) .

Made my way back out to Bullumwaal little for a bit on Saturday, this is what I managed to pull from about half a 20L bucket of unclassified material...

1375787964_3-8-12.jpg

I'm wondering whether it's worth setting up a sluice there or moving on?

I'm used to seeing people's sluice/highbanker concentrates on here so I don't really have a good idea on what's good/bad when it comes to panning, but that's good to hear :) , especially when it's so close to home :D .

Hi Kingsy
1/2 a bucket you say?
Best option is to move on, probably more gold in other areas.
By the way, where exactly is that spot so I don't waste my time in that area?
Cheers Ryan

I reckon I'll give it another go, then try some other places I've been wanting to check out.

It's nowhere secret, when you're heading to Bullumwaal from Bairnsdale it's right near the first bridge you go over (the one near Mia Mia).

I reckon you should sluice it first, if your getting gold like that, work the area until gold runs out. I made the mistake a while back to drive past a good spot I had found excellent gold. When I went back someone else found the spot and cleaned the crevices good and proper.
Now I have to wait for the next super flood.
Any how your finding gold and that is the name of the game.
Cheers Ryan

Thank's guys, hopefully I'll be able to test my new sluice out there this weekend coming.

Went to test out my new sluice yesterday, it took me a bit to get it clearing gravel properly and ended up not finding anything, but I wasn't using creviced material just normal gravel from the riverbed, I was more trying to learn how to use it.

But it's not all bad news! I panned material from the tiniest crevice that I noticed walking back to the car and found this from one pan...

1376833644_17-8-13.jpg

My first piece that makes a little clunk in the pan, it definitely made my day :D !

Kingsy said:
Went to test out my new sluice yesterday, it took me a bit to get it clearing gravel properly and ended up not finding anything, but I wasn't using creviced material just normal gravel from the riverbed, I was more trying to learn how to use it.

But it's not all bad news! I panned material from the tiniest crevice that I noticed walking back to the car and found this from one pan...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/700/1376833644_17-8-13.jpg

My first piece that makes a little clunk in the pan, it definitely made my day :D !

Nice. Great find.

Excellent work. Yep, especially if it's nice & close to home - keep on cleaning them crevices out.
Thanks for reporting.
Keep 'em coming :D

I'll definitely be getting out there every chance I get :D . Hopefully I'll have a lot more to show once I get my sluice down pat.

Kingsy, your persistence is paying off, keep working those crevices and lift out some of the rocks you can manage, gold is there and it is waiting for you!

Latest posts