High banker matts ,einie menie minie mow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiefarmer

Thinks he is funny
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sorta high jacked the dream mat thread so i thought i would start fresh,
I run riffles , mesh and moss and have tuned it to zero loses and most gold caught nice and early on highbanker run , BUT i am over the amount of cons i have to deal with .
My mate is running standard ribbed mat with 4 inches of moss and mesh at the start and is only getting a cup full of cons , so i am now looking to swap out the moss to a rubber and have too many choices and thought we could brainstorm with everybodys experience on rubbers.
Firstly Dream Mat at about $159.00 for my banker
1489905337_s-l1600.jpg

Has my interest up :Y:
Next i found this Hog sorta Mat at about $100 for my banker

1489905449_s-l400.jpg

Every 5th rib is high and looks good but havent found pics of it running yet so unsure on how clean it would run

My mates ribbed mat would have 5mm deep ribs about 5mm thick and 5mm apart he runs riffles over the top which i thought was wrong and would wash the ribs out, but he has proven me wrong and it works well at about $60.50 to my banker .

I am also considering carving my own choice of profiles in rubber changing the type of profile every 6 inches if any one can suggest a rubber type that is 1o to 15 mm thick and the best method to groove it , would luv to see some pictures of home made matts.

Hey mate i would challenge anyone who states they have zero losses and respond with you cant measure what you're losing till you use a better system than what you have.

Now riffles are an old system used by many but they certainly have thier limitations. Both in processing capabilities and volume and exchange. They are not efficient at catching micron gold due to the design bu nature. You cant keep throwing gold back up into a solution and expect it to settle out sorry its just a fact..

The above mentioned mats are vortex dream mat not gold hog, gold hog is manufactured in America dream mat is manufactured here in qld by gold rat highbankers "me" the vortex dream cell technology is miles in front of "crash theory" systems and its based on science in fluid dynamics not adaption or theories. As for being $200 theres not a single mat we manufacture over $159
https://highbanker.com.au/collections/vortex-dream-sluice-mat

Upgrading away from riffles is a great move especially for a more concentrated final cleanup but if you love your riffles and are happy with the setup you have then keep them. If you want a setup thats quicker to cleanup, will process alot more material for better recovery without all the fluff and extra weight of metal and mesh try a few out gold hog is a good step up dream mat is an even better step again.

Hope that helps

Ahhh bugger to late to edit ;) yeah was also looking at gold hog but seen enough to not purchase sorry for the typo :rolleyes:

Not that the following matters as i am going to swap over to reduce cons anyway but to backup my claim,
As for zero loses i have put the time in and probably should have stated 99% of gold is retained , my riffles dont go all the way as i have modified the bottom section that it also gains width to change the velocity of water flow and i have run extensions of multiple combos , catch tubs with all tailings being classified and blue bowled , and panned off the high banker in sections over a two year period and struggled to find any specs more than 8 inches from the start of the bottom run with the bulk trapped before the first riffle, i agree 100% is probably a BS claim but i would bet my left nut i am catching high 90s from pickers to dust .

To my knowledge the biggest failure in riffles is underflow from insufficient clamping.

My apologies for over qouting your price i have been looking at 20 different setups and must have screwed up.
Your 10 x 36 is $165 dollars with free and fast freight .

If the mods let me edit the starter thread or fix it for me ;) i will be more than happy to write facts instead of guesses from my memory.

Thanks for pointing the mess i wrote out and get ready for more questions :)

So with vortex dream mat,
I need 10 x 28 so do you supply that or do i cut the 10 x 36 down ?

With the top run of the highbanker dropping into the bottom run is it ok to drop straight onto the mat or should it fall onto a alloy plate that the mat would slip under or should i have a short section of moss with expanded over it ?

What is the best method of securing the mat ?

How much material or how long can dream mat perform before a clean out , lets say plenty of black sand and heavies with flour to coarse gold ?

Would 8 to 10 mm of water flow be ok ? because thats about what my banker flows when desolving clay.

No need to edit mate were only human. Ive come to respect prospectors who admit losses are a part of the game if you arent losing a bit you arent running enough material.

I have to delightfully argue with the idea that if you catch it up top ur not losing gold i dont mind being the devils advocate. I retrofit alot of small wash plants these days and ive heard that statement so many times. Sadly what usually is happening is the primary gold target is being dialed in but not the gold that carries with sediment. Its a tricky beast but you do need a better system to check your losses.

What i would say is dream mat is a very clever integration of fluid bed technology mixed with laminar flow splicing and gravity seperation. Even without the vortex system the line of travel for a gold particle to exit is over 80 inches. When you remove the crashing volatility of riffles amazing things can happen

I replied to that question on ebay half hour ago mate. Re the clamp check out the website mate its also cheaper than ebay as they take 10% in fees.

If your handy with a brake bend up ur own clamp mate its not that hard the profile i e bent up is cnc cut and is a tricky bend but it works well without causing too much ramping.

Highbanker.com.au

Yeah i know i have seen blokes that believe their getting it all but havent put any effort into checking :rolleyes: and hey maybe i am as blind :lol:
I would love to see a instant improvement in the amount of gold i am getting from the dirt i feed it so theres only one way to find out ,
hook me up with some dream mat mate , whats the best avenue ? The link to your site or ebay ? I prefer paypal.

Reducing cons is my initial goal i can see dream mat is the answer .

I am still interested in the best way to secure the mat ?

Sorry about asking questions on 3 formats all at once but i will give you credit for trying to follow it :lol:

Haha mate i answered that already clamp and on the website. Can pay paypal of course check out the clamp when ordering a mat. If your a non website kind of guy call me monday ill email you and invoice you can follow a link and pay it with PayPal.

Ok the always asked question how much can you run before cleanout. Its an impossible question to answer the mat functions best with black sand loaded up its not like your riffles and reliant on making room to settle this is a fluid system always pulling down heavier material. Let me give you a visual put heaps of black sand in a bucket and some gold and rocks then fill it with water and stick yiur hand in getting it spinning. How much gold will come out? When can you stop filling it? Theres no end because you are always casting out lights and pulling down heavies.

Your limitations are large pyrite 3mm stuff is a pain because its putting square peg in a round hole its surface vaccumen tention makes it an anchor. When ur running sit back look at your mat and if you can see green cells you keep feeding. Looming into the holding cells youcan feed when its active if you choke your system by throwing in a shovel of lead and sand expect migration. Control your feed to suit youll be laughing.

So here it is :party: my research hit warp speed and the plan is

Vortex dream mat for gold and i will extend banker to accommodate the full lenght :Y:

I Might still get some gemstone high low mat for saphires etc

And in future i will only post questions on one format at a time ;) poor GOlddigg he must think i am tripolar :lol: i give him 10 out of 10 for quick responses and being able to follow what should be impossible. :Y: :Y:

Ordered dream mat 9pm 19th and it was here today the 22nd and i live off the beaten track , thats prompt service :Y: :Y: .
I Will be extending my banker to accommodate the full lenght of dream mat , other than that it should fit straight in.
The dream mat looks that good i might sleep on it tonite :lol:

But i got a little excited after ordering it and i started chopping my banker up last night :lol: , making some changes to the grizzly setup and i didnt want punch plate as i run it for sapphires occasionally ,
basically i am making the grizzlys longer and steeper but keeping the rest of the top box on the original angle .
So it should still have a slow slide in the wash area and the grizzlys have gone from 13 degrees to 26 aswell as being 80mm longer so hopefully i wont be raking rocks every shovelfull any more.

Aussie,
You bin on the shrooms again. ? ]:D :rainbow:
Let me know what you want and I will fix it for you. :Y:
I think I have it right. :rolleyes:

Is sluicy gold equiptment a member on the forum ?

Dont get me wrong i love my little sluice its light, compact, easy to set and use, but i would buy them a set square and a hole punch for easter as most bits are scewif and i had to sit my scribe and rule aside and match my holes to the higgledly piggildy ones :rolleyes:
Doesnt affect the way it works but it tests the brain when making new oversize hindge plates.

Maybe mine was just built last thing friday arvo before a long weekend :lol:

Heres a teaser to show how i am oversizing the hindge plates to get extra fall and lenght in the grizzlys. The original was 7x2 and the new 9x4, so 2 inches up and back. The banker will look a bit Frankenstein but hopefully it achieves what i desire.
1490184155_img_20170322_164407_594.jpg

Haha, good thread guys. Aussie I reckon you made a great decision and will reap the benefits for sure. If it looks a bit Frankenstein that's makes it interesting at least right haha. All the best putting it together, can't wait to see more pics and hear how it runs for you!

Goldigg, any advice on how deep to have the water flowing through the 10inch river sluice over the dream mat? I know it might depend on the strength of the current...lets say the current is not that strong so to clear the dirt you need to have the water a couple of inches deep (removing the nice ripple/bubble effect) - still ok?

I was very impressed with dream mat on my first crack last week. One picker 0.15gm and 74others specs from 1 big bucket. Caught the dirt coming out the other end and found no gold when that was panned:)

Latest posts