Detecting around Daisy Hill/Maryborough area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking at heading out to do some detecting and panning tomorrow. I have looked on some maps and have chosen the Daisy Hill/Maryborough area to check out and maybe Clunes on the way. I have chosen the Sing Track, Daisy Hill as a possible area to visit.

Can anyone please tell me about this area and if it has been a successful area to find gold?

Jayse

sorry i havnt tried there but there seems to gold all around that area good luck

Thanks guys I am just wonder if I should work around the old diggings and mounds of rock and dirt left behind. How do I recognise an old water way?

Google is your friend, do a search of Clunes and Talbot gold prospecting and spend some time going through the info, that's your best bet and you'll gain more knowledge than waiting for someone to type hours of info here.
Hope that helps mate and good luck :Y:

Jayse, as old hand said: get John Tully maps (from Coiltek in Maryborough). They're a great kick-start. There's one for both Maryborough and Talbot. There's also a no-prospecting area in Paddys Ranges between Maryborough and Talbot shown on the Maryborough map, so make sure you avoid that area.

Thanks OldHand and BigWave. I had a look on Parks Vic website and it showed two areas of Paddy's Ranges one a no go and the other ok for prospecting.

I am trying to work out how to use GeoVic website and if it is relevant and up to date.

Latest posts