Dry washer puffer linkage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1489745075_image.jpg

1489745076_image.jpg

Hey fellas have built a puffer dry washer. I am using a windscreen wiper motor to run it but Am having difficulty getting it to run smoothly, atm the motor is working overtime and heating up I've remounted , changed the length of the linkage and played around without success . Anyone got and recommendations or but ideas for the setup , feedback much appreciated mick

im no expert but i wouldnt have thought a wiper motor would be a good choice to run a bellows. seems like it would overwork the motor pretty fast. is swapping to a higher capacity motor an option for you or are you keen to stick with the wiper motor?

I've seen pictures of some that use a wiper motor, how much resistance does it take to pump the bellows, maybe be to heavy for it
The actual angle of the linkage looks like it would be straining the motor, if you disconnect the motor mount and hold it out further might be the easy way to test that theory 8) careful of your fingers on moving parts when trying, I don't think the length would be a problem more the angle and the resistance in the two pivot bushes, may need to run bearings in them.
Maybe able to adjust the pivot in on the upper link, the pivot should be about 90 degree in the central position
The angle it's at in the pic would make it struggle
What is the motor from? might just need a new set of brushes in it 8)

mick1000 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2817/1489745075_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2817/1489745076_image.jpg

Hey fellas have built a puffer dry washer. I am using a windscreen wiper motor to run it but Am having difficulty getting it to run smoothly, atm the motor is working overtime and heating up I've remounted , changed the length of the linkage and played around without success . Anyone got and recommendations or but ideas for the setup , feedback much appreciated mick
Hey Mick, maybe try a kids electric scooter motor their a little bigger than the wiper one! I was thinking of building a small trommel with one ;)

Latest posts