Deceased estate rock collection

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjd

Reaction score
Good afternoon

I am hoping for some help in some rock identification from a deceased estate, and whether they are worth selling or throwing out. I appreciate any advice or help anyone can give.

Hard to see, but many are really shiny / metallic. I can post individual photos if it would help.

Thanks
Steph

1489374224_20170313_134555.jpg

1489374318_20170313_134555_2.jpg

Welcome Steph, now someone will probably prove me wrong however there doesn't appear on first glance to be anything of major value. A few close ups would assist as silver mentioned.

Looks like some fossilised wood as well a few iron pyrite samples. The green one is of interest but doesn't look like the shape of emerald normally is.

Some of the middle samples top shot and too the right look interesting as well.

A nice little collection though.

As mentioned, probably nothing of great value amongst that lot, but might be a good starter collection for someone interested in collecting and minerals vs throwing them out. :)

First one in first picture is Gypsum.

First in second picture could be a arrow/spear head maybe. Looks like it has been shaped by Aboriginal people. Similar to my two arrow/weapon heads.

If it's flat'ish it probably is.

Westaus said:
Welcome Steph, now someone will probably prove me wrong however there doesn't appear on first glance to be anything of major value. A few close ups would assist as silver mentioned.

I agree, general samples.

Westaus said:
Looks like some fossilised wood as well a few iron pyrite samples. The green one is of interest but doesn't look like the shape of emerald normally is.

Yep some look like fossilised wood. A couple could be fossil shells.

If these are from someone in the family, probably worth keeping...

Thanks for sharing Steph
They dont have to be worth a lot of money to be treasures
My young nephew would be happy to add them to his collection if you dont want them.

Latest posts