Adventure Gold going off YouTube :(

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got the chance to have a look at any of his vids.
But going by the information posted here,if he was not operating within the rules of prospecting like the rest of us are expected to.....Then he wasnt doing any of us any favours.

If it was personal attacks and he was doing the right thing then im sorry to see him go.

Look fellas the rules are pretty back and white regarding what you can and can't do. Fossicking is one thing we are still allowed to do in NSW without a licence but it could all change if no one wants to follow rules. High bankers are a bit of a grey area but everything else is pretty simple. If you want to go bigger then get a mining license and a lease, if you don't want to go to all that trouble then stay small within the fossicking guidlines, it's all about the spirit of fossicking, if you look like you are mining then you can be prosecuted for doing so.

If he was following the rules then it sux but if he was not following rules then all the evidence was there on youtube.......

I never saw his vids but it's not something you'd want on youtube if he was doing something illegal.

Anyway newbies, make yourselves well aware of the legislation is all I can say.
http://www.resourcesandenergy.nsw.gov.au/miners-and-explorers/fossicking-in-nsw

They were very informative vids. There is nothing but praise on his last youtube post ATM.
Right or wrong doings, I'm not to judge.

Thanks Adventure gold for all your great videos helping myself and others in this hobby.

Heatho,
Maybe a new pinned subject for PA members only.
" Members personal Informative Videos only" locked to comments.
Comments could be in separate threads.
Adventure Gold might even consider uploading his vids here. Just a thought

Cheers GG

goldengoose said:
Heatho,
Maybe a new pinned subject for PA members only.
" Members personal Informative Videos only" locked to comments.
Comments could be in separate threads.
Adventure Gold might even consider uploading his vids here. Just a thought

Cheers GG

We don't have a video upload feature on the forum, it would most likely cost way too much in storage to host videos here. We only have the option of embedding vids from youtube. If there was anyone embedding vids here with illegal content we would remove the links immediately.

I'm not saying "adventure gold" was doing illegal activities as I haven't personally viewed the vids in question.

Adventure Gold is more than welcome to join the forum if he wants to.

I remember seeing a vid with a trailer mounted shaker table, but can't remember where he used it.
If that was the only problem all he needed to do was remove that video, say sorry for using it in the wrong state (if it was) and bam...... all dealt with.
Most of his vids he was just panning and explaining how creeks work, they were great to watch.

I still do not know if this was the same bloke who was reported, but after reading :
You dont need to look too far to find those responsible for the demise of adventure gold. Well known and 'respected' members of this forum have posted things on Facebook groups that have forced Adventure Gold to shut things down. They claim that he knowingly used illegal machinery in one of his videos intentionaly putting fossicking at risk in NSW.

The first thing i though of was what happened on another forum, but this seemed more about the use of a pump than other machinery.

I would hate to think this is a different incident, are we really turning on ourselves this easily....

Hi Andrew I do shift work aswell and i also have those sleepless nights/days and can under stand where your coming from there, I love your videos as its given me the lust for this hobby and try different places and rocks to look under for the little tresures hiding under neith so please keep it up and we all need time off this media and away from the negative things in life to clear our heads and get back on track , so glad your back hope to see more

I hope he doesnt name places this time ..
A favorite area of mine has now been well and truly raped to death , one spot that looked like supplying a years worth of digging for weekend fossickers looks as though it has seen 100 people over it in a fortnight or so and no doubt they will move on to other spots :(
By all means educate people but locations are something we should all research and find ourselves as part of the hobby.

Ps. I wasnt one who gave him negative comments , but it certainly did annoy me thats for sure.

I saw one video he was going to show a place but he didn't because it looked like someone was working it, so he is aware of that, and respects peoples digging area's.

So pleased to hear Andrew is going to keep producing his videos once he gets sorted.Best videos on the Tube.

Latest posts