Adventure Gold going off YouTube :(

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, this is going from bad to worse, how has he done damage, all I saw was help help and more help with prospecting tips and information.

We need the laws rewritten and stated clearly because everyone off us is braking the law :eek:

Giving up prospecting!!! Nah, he'll be back at it soon enough.
I don't know the situation in NSW with prospecting legalities, but it sounds like some things need to be clarified by the lawmakers, and soon.
Having prospectors fighting amongst themselves won't help anyone but the mongrel greens, who just want to lock everything up away from prospectors, fishers, 4wding, tourism..... everything.
If he did something not quite right, hell just say OK fellas, I won't do it again, and move on.
His descriptions of how streams work has helped me a lot, so I hope he puts a lot of the videos back up, and keeps making more.

Hmmm Robin Williams the funniest guy in the world yet no one could make him laugh.
I wish I had enough experience to change your mind bloke but all I can offer is if I'm not disturbing anyones peace working on a sunday and the council drive past on a family picnic day wishing to give me a fine. They are reminded THEY don't feed my kids I DO and the progress achieved lines their pockets at some point. We all need our sundays occasionally so good luck and cheers anyway mate.

The latest:
"This is not crying for help or attention. I have done wrong and I intend to correct my actions. I will be doing one last video soon. This post is just letting people know that I admit to my wrong doings and I will do everything possible to ensure that it will never happen again."

As far as I can judge, Andrew got some criticism on FB about one of his videos that featured a shaker table and sluice mounted on a trailer.

Yeah I saw that Dr Duck, didn't think twice about it, thought it wasn't a bad rig, and wish I had one.

Thanks for posting DrDuck,nice to have some idea as to what is going on.Really hope Andrew doesn't give up prospecting,because he really shows a passion for it.

Its really nice seeing all of this support for Andrew on here. We need more people like him going out of his way to help others. There was an interesting mention of the great Robin Williams in a previous post. I do think that this is more relative to this situation than most realise.

Here is how to fix it:

Disable comments
Don't post locations
Keep it simple and keep making money on YouTube views

Sounds like a massive over-reaction to me where you could implement some parameters to redirect the dickheads who have nothing better to do to post negative comments on peoples youtube accounts.

Yeah Drop Bear wish I could contact him but I don't know where, cause I would help at the drop of a hat. Yeah if someone has contact and let him know.

Very sad.

He's a top bloke and has a really down to earth and informative way of passing his knowledge via his YouTube videos.

That no good Facebook at the centre of it again. I can't stand it, I've seen it cause more problems than Malcolm Turnbull.

These individuals criticising Andrew don't deserve their next feed.

He's got my vote to stay in business.

shivan said:
If it was just social media trolls that is one thing, but if this is the bloke that got reported to authorities, then that is something else all together.......
It is the later i am more worried about.

The post further up would suggest he was reported - not saying he was but the wording (I have done wrong) may suggest it.

I was always taught that "dobbing " is un Australian.
There are exceptional circumstances such as violent crimes etc. but in this instance I would hate to think
that any person or persons involved in our pastime would find it necessary to dob in a fellow fossicker over what is essentially a technicality.

Watching Andrews videos it was easy to see that he actually does care for the environment and he was always pressing the point that you take your rubbish home, fill in your holes and generally do as little harm as possible when prospecting. At least thats what I got from Andrew Smith. And that was all a part of the wealth of knowledge which Andrew like many other experienced prospectors here, was happy to pass on.

If more blokes were like Andrew Smith the prospecting world would be a better place.

Just my 2 bobs worth. :)

I am pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the authorities it was someone who said something about his video and he must have thought the world of him and he said some pretty bad things about his video and him........... so he must of thought he had no other choice.......... Andy has a talent and I hate how this has ended he's done good buy every one and help all who have watched his videos

Latest posts