Adventure Gold going off YouTube :(

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I looked on YouTube this morning at Adventure Gold's channel and saw that Andrew has posted a video saying that due to an increase in negative feedback he is no longer going to upload videos. Such a sad say when one of the best Australian YouTube gold vloggers has to get offline due to the naysayers. I personally really enjoyed watching his videos and found them informative and very interesting.

So guys & gals if you too found Andrew's videos great drop him a comment on his YouTube channel and ask him not to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/user/19andrew72/featured

Very sad indeed
But I think you too would get sick of it if you had a bombardment of negative comments. There is a limit one can take I guess.
I too hope he comes back

Yes it's going to be a shame not to see his vids anymore. I loved his typically upbeat attitude, willingness to share and 'love nature and the bush' spirit.

If you get to read these comments mate:

Thanks a lot for your videos, great stuff. Stay safe and take care out the bush.

Yeah, that's a real shame. He has even removed all his past videos, so you can't even go back to look at his past stuff anymore.
I found his video's helpful as a newcomer to the prospecting game.

Very sad. As another relative newcomer to prospecting I was very disappointed to see his latest post. My wife and I really looked forward to Andrews videos, we would check our email every Monday to see if he had uploaded a new vid. I can't understand what would motivate anyone to denigrate another man who was essentially providing his time and knowledge out of the goodness of his heart to those of us new to the game. Andrew can be very proud of the quality of his videos. With any luck, Foxtel or one of the others will get a hold of him and do a series of docos. I for one would be first in line to watch!
Don't know if Andrew reads these forums but if you do mate, I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavours.
Hope the clowns :N: :N: who brought this about never find another spec of "yella"

That is a real shame, If anyone knows Andrew please pass on positive sentiments.

I wonder who is posting negative crap??? probably the do gooder parade...

Andrew - if you are ever in melb P.M me i owe you more than one beer.

Hi guys,

You dont need to look too far to find those responsible for the demise of adventure gold. Well known and 'respected' members of this forum have posted things on Facebook groups that have forced Adventure Gold to shut things down. They claim that he knowingly used illegal machinery in one of his videos intentionaly putting fossicking at risk in NSW.

The truth is that anyone using a highbanker with a motorised pump is also breaking the law as stated in this fossicking rules document on the NAFTA website (also on the DPI website).

NSW Industry and Investment said:
What techniques cannot be used for fossicking?

Neither explosives nor dredges can be used in fossicking.
Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and electrical equipment or machinery.

You don't believe it? Contact the NSW Dept of Primary industries yourself. They will confirm that the pumping of water is classed as 'processing'.

I still use my highbanker, its my hobby and I love it. Im willing to take the risk.

These very well known people who are burning Adventure Gold for using a machine that is 'illegal' in NSW deserve all the karma that comes to them. Absolute hypocrites, i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Very harsh words there and pointing the finger
I take it you have talked to him to find out why and who caused the problem
So if that is the case and you talk to him ask him to come on here and tell us what happened
I for one would be very interested to hear what happened

Are you sure it was from this forum and not another?
I was involved in a conversation on another forum about people having issues with a water pump being directly used on screens on a youtube video. I never saw the video in question so have no idea really what was involved, but there were quiet a few people with bee's in their bonnets over it and yes it was reported to the authorities.

All i can say is so long as you didn't use the pump for excavation, surface disturbance or processing and you filled in your holes and only dug the amount of material you are allowed to then you shouldn't have too many problems.

fossickingbob said:
Hi guys,

You dont need to look too far to find those responsible for the demise of adventure gold. Well known and 'respected' members of this forum have posted things on Facebook groups that have forced Adventure Gold to shut things down. They claim that he knowingly used illegal machinery in one of his videos intentionaly putting fossicking at risk in NSW.

The truth is that anyone using a highbanker with a motorised pump is also breaking the law as stated in this fossicking rules document on the NAFTA website (also on the DPI website).

NSW Industry and Investment said:
What techniques cannot be used for fossicking?

Neither explosives nor dredges can be used in fossicking.
Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and electrical equipment or machinery.

You don't believe it? Contact the NSW Dept of Primary industries yourself. They will confirm that the pumping of water is classed as 'processing'.

I still use my highbanker, its my hobby and I love it. Im willing to take the risk.

These very well known people who are burning Adventure Gold for using a machine that is 'illegal' in NSW deserve all the karma that comes to them. Absolute hypocrites, i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
Using a water pump to supply water to a static, non motorised highbanker or sluice is streets away from from using motorised equipment like trommels & other trailer mounted mechanised equipment. It's not even in the same ballpark & the wording of the legislation is very clear on that!
These very well known & "respected" members of this forum that you are accusing of burning Adventure Gold must be masters of disguise as no one here seems to know anything about what's happened.
Leave the Facebook CWA crap on Facebook! A place that I wouldn't piss on if on fire. :lol:

Well, we all need to comply with the laws of the state you are in.
Lucky for me highbanking and power dryblowers are legal here in Vic.
If small dredges were legal I'd get one too, but they are not so tough luck.

I don't think finger pointing is a good idea.
The fellow has his reason's so let's just go with the flow please. ?
High Bankers are a Grey Area. If you are using one carefully, No problem.
If you are being an idiot and don't give a Toss on the mess you are making,
Makes it very bad for all of us.
NAPFA is working hard on this issue so Please, Keep the peace.

It's sad alright, no good pointing finger, there is a petition going around to try and get Andrew to keep going with his video's.

WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///
man i loved his video"s ive been itching to get away to try out what ive learnt from him with my Grandkids,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mate forget the dickheads thousands love the effort you"ve gone to, to inform newbies on what to look out for and best way to find gold in the creeks,
bloody sad day for me personally, tell the nay sayers to go and get effed,

Just learnt he's taken down all of his video's too, so bad, gee he must of got hurt bad too to go to this extent.

Sadly, Andrew has deleted his Adventure Gold FB Page, and announced his intention to give up prospecting all together:

"I'm done, completely. Leaving prospecting is the only responsible action I can now do. I couldn't live with myself if I have caused damage to this activity."

Latest posts