Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi forum
This is my firast post amonst a few other firsts I'll be doingh this year
I'm a bit over 50 and about to venture into gold prospecting as part of my working holiday around Australia
Cheers
Bazza

Afternoon Bazza.

Where are you leaving from, where are you heading and what time frame? Travelling oz is awesome :Y: :Y:

If it wasn't for kids schooling I wouldn't be in Vic right now, that's for sure.

Hi fullas
I did reply to Northeast but I mus'nt have clicked something the right way!
Yes, I'm hitting the road on a working holiday fruit picking and prospecting
Never done either so there'll be a lot to learn
I'm leaving from Mid North coast of NSW, heading south the Tas early next month
Firstly got to get the house rented out and heading in a clockwise direction around Oz pulling up 6 weeks in WA goldfields hopefully around mid May and all June, I'm playing it pretty much by ear
Done a fair bit of relic and beach detecting and found some nice bits of gold jewellery over the years but not expecting to find any nuggets on my first trip aout west
I own a CTX3030 and a Excal II, and can only afford a second hand GPX (hopefully 5000), see what the fruit picking yields
Anyway, thanks for the welcome, I'll be asking some questions in the forum, already taken some advice offered by the members and purchased a little Brother pick...looks pretty sturdy
Cheers
Bazza

Nice Bazza. Sounds like good fun. Do you already have worked lined up in Vic or Tas? Probably a few members that could line you up with something/someone. We have a neighbour just up the road that is usually wanting pickers for persimmons or whatever he has ripe at this time of the year.

There are heaps of jobs all the way around Oz - you just have to be willing to diversify :D

Time frame? When we left we said we would be gone for 3 years. 2 years and 11 months later we rolled back into town!! It was time to come home. That lasted about 3 months and then we wanted to leave again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Northeast
The new tenants move in on the 10th next month so we'll hit the road just before then
Madly cleaning and packing up
The van just got a touch up and still heaps to do
Put some metal framework in to raise everything and crreate storage space, solar on top and the Engel has a new home, got a loo and half buggered awning so I'm on the way
I've got a brother down in the huon Valley where there's lots of fruit picking so thats our first stop.
Hope to be back home around mid december, I have an Airbnb listing that turns a dollar around christmas/ new year, who knows might do another lap if we get the bug!
Sounds like you got the travel bug big time mate!
Doin a crash course on tengraph and E40 permits, need to put it in now so we have a patch to detect in a few months time, can't wait!
Cheers
Bazza

Latest posts