Looking to buy a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HH, someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think around that era they had an Isuzu motor. An uncle of mine was a mechanic and he said they were simply the best 3.0 L TD going around. So much so that he bought one and still has it. No idea how many k's are on it but it must be 250k +.

I've had an Isuzu D-Max 2011 Crew Cab since new, first new car I ever bought. I've been very happy with it.

For what it's worth, in its fourth year the alternator failed. As I got the car on a novated lease, I had an extended warranty.

At the time, Isuzu's were sold through the local Ford Dealer.

I dropped the the car in, and a young mechanic drove me back to work. He said he thought that the D-Max was a good vehicle, and he was going to buy one.

I asked about the Ford Ranger, which was getting a lot of good reviews at the time.

He said "Put it this way, yours is the first D-Max we have ever had back for a warranty repair, and I can't say that about the Ranger."

1489021373_screenshot_2017-03-09-12-01-37.jpg

Not a fan of Tritons ..BUT if i was spending 20k Id spend the extra and get something brand new.. certainly not something 8 year old .
33 K for a 4 x4 is a bargain.

HoudiniHarry said:
Hi Guys, how many kms would you expect from a 3 lt TD Rodeo engine 2003? Assuming serviced regularly.
My 2004 rodeo packed in at just over 200,000km first the turbo went and then not long after the motor went I bought it when it had 170,000km and with in less then 2 years it was stuffed mayb I bought a lemon...I like Diesel engines but I'd stay away if they have high km very expensive to fix .. and there not like the old diesel motors ..I'd rather a petrol theses days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts