panning at warrandyte this thurs/fri

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey all
anyone free and feels like a dig, let me know
be good to meet some people and find some yellow specks

cheers
sos

Hey Sosage,

I used to go panning there, havn't been there in months. How did you go on your days out?

Can you still Pan there? Ill be buying a panning kit soon if anyone is upto it and can show some tricks? Cheers

liam1994 said:
Can you still Pan there? Ill be buying a panning kit soon if anyone is upto it and can show some tricks? Cheers

yes you can pan there off Gold Memorial Drive - i was there just this afternoon just for a reconnoiter, my first time there. Some nice looking rock bars in the creek.
1397453800_photo.jpg

casper

Been there a few times, find small specks in every pan. Nothing too impressive but it's not bad for this close to the city.

Found this in an afternoon with just a shovel and a pan...
1397459061_gold_pan.jpg

does anyone know if you can take your dog here?

was gunna go down for a walk and scope some stuff out!

No dogs allowed. Yeah will let you know next time I'm heading down. Won't be anytime soon though, heading up north for a pan and some camping for easter with the family :)

oh dang was gunna go for a walk with the dog, rules that out!, i might try this weekend if my pan comes from ebay!

good luck :)

just to clarify, dogs are allowed along the yarra river at warrandyte, but panning the yarra is officially off limits. however andersons creek where it is legal to pan the creek bed, dogs are not allowed.

any reason why panning the yarra is offlimits?

spd_dmn said:
good luck :)

just to clarify, dogs are allowed along the yarra river at warrandyte, but panning the yarra is officially off limits. however andersons creek where it is legal to pan the creek bed, dogs are not allowed.

says so on the dpi website under the list of rivers and creeks exempt from prospecting. doesn't stop people, just be smart about it if you're gonna go there I guess. And make sure you have your miners right on you at all times. I only started panning a couple months ago so still learning myself.

spd_dmn said:
Been there a few times, find small specks in every pan. Nothing too impressive but it's not bad for this close to the city.

Found this in an afternoon with just a shovel and a pan...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2411/1397459061_gold_pan.jpg

Hi just wondering what creek this is if that not being rude? I only ask as I'm heading that way and wouldn't mind taking the pan out for a few hours but I don't know the area at all for gold bearing creeks .
Cheers thanks for your time and help

Just punch in gold memorial rd warrandyte, come in from harris gully rd.(andersons ck)
Not much there, but you should find something.

Latest posts