Cootamundra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Son moving to Coota so will be travelling between Central Coast and Coota frequently over the next few months
If anyone has any suggestions for some prospecting spots along the way or near Coota they would be much appreciated.
Do you think the best drive is to go through Gouldburn or west to Bathurst then south.
(Don't particularly like the drive from Lithgow to Bathurst)

Will have sdc - river sluice and couple of pans
Any info welcome
Thanks
Neil

If you jump off the freeway at Goulburn, you can go out Nth West to the Crookwell region then drop back West to Young and Sth to Coota.

You could jump off the freeway past the Canberra turn-off at the Boorowa t/off (just west of Yass), and go through to Young for a scratch, then shoot Sth to Coota?...depends how much time spare you have i guess

Altrnately, you can get in the Adelong/Jugiong (Sth extension of Young reef lines) hills just off the highway for a hunt...then Nth West to Coota

Thanks GGA
Wii google some of those areas.
My first trip will be straight to Coota to drop off son's personal belongings then a few days spare so will hunt around for a prospect.

Thanks
neil

Tried some new areas around Cootamundra with no luck. Using the correct manners with some farmers got me access to some spots on private property, it always pays to ask. There were some mullock heaps that had been detected before according to the farmers, I went over them. There was a mine in which I detected the throw outs and surrounding areas all with no joy. The amount of trash in both places made it very hard. Took a couple of photos of rocks I saw on mullock heaps, I thought they were a good sign. What are your thoughts??
Cheers Jamie
1523192295_img_20180407_224929.jpg
1523192319_img_20180407_225002.jpg

Any thoughts?? It is sandwiched quarts in iornstone isn't it?? Should I be working the gullies below the mine first to try and locate some gold, then work my way up?? Not sure how to approach such areas.

Latest posts