Gympie Region

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to the forum. Grew up in the area and have just recently moved back. While in the Kimberly i got the fever.
Thanks to a few great guys ive met who have pointed me in the right direction i have my own little stash building.
Have seen "Rumours" downstream from the bridge at Cedar Pocket hall. Some great properties to go door knocking at around the Greens Creek area as a few owners are generally interested to see if they have gold on their land. The dried up small river beds is turning out some colour....the ones that look almost out of place....
The range between Cedar pocket dam and Lynch road has some old workings on the South western Side of the range about half way along.
Didnt ask for permision at one spot that gave me two match heads and some flakes, ran into the property owner. He didnt mind at all as he thought i was genuine.
Just thought id share a little love.
On the old gold maps it says gold didnt reach the surfaces in these areas, but am getting more than i thought.
Will post pics when i get to a computer.
Happy hunting
Am wantimg to explore Goomboorian.
..any tips?

G'day Jared, welcome aboard.

Not sure about your spelling, but are you talking about Gooroomjam, otherwise known as Scrub Paddock?

It is mostly in state forest and very hard to find without a good map or local knowledge.

It was not a very rich field and apart from a revival around the 1930's because of the depression, it didn't last very long. There was a claim there a few years back and a lot of work was done on several of the diggings, but I fear for little return. There is or was an old trommel still up there that they used. Can tell you they moved a mountain rock from some of the shafts. Had the rewards been there I'm sure it would still be going.

Also, don't get caught up there in the wet. Even with a 4WD you will have a lot of trouble getting of the place. Got caught with an overnight storm and then rain for most of the day. It then took us most of the next day to get out.

Jaros said:
G'day jaredj7. I have moved your post to the introduction area, seein as it's your 1st. post.
Happy hunting mate.
Jaros :p
Maybe it should be in the epic adventures section. ;) ;)