AT Pro Finds for 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep nice coin for sure and the thimble i think is silver. What concerns me is the feeling the poor sod who lost the "Bob" must have felt. If it was lost in 1870 or 80 imagine the cost of it. In 1962 you could buy a pkt of Turf fags for 1/8 thats about 20c. Imagine what it would have bought in 1880.

1503466952_20170823_141957.jpg

1503467646_optimized-20170823_142022.jpg

I haven't been out for a while, electing to spend my time researching for my next trip to the GT. And my fave place has become a little barren of late so I've decided to try to find a new spot. As I drove around my area a few days ago I stopped off at a spot I know has been flogged to within an inch of its life but having no other alternative I thought I might just as well have a swing. Now I wasn't all that fussed when a $2 and a 10c saw daylight but I was a bit stoked when a Rams Head shilling said "Hi".

Imagine the look on this boy's face when I showed daylight to an 1891 Shield Shilling.[So worn the date is only just discernable - but not on the camera] Just goes to show we never get it all......ever.

Too true, you will surprised on what others overlook on well trodden sites - some people tend to cherry pick the obvious targets and then move onto other areas to plunder. ;)

Long time between drinks there Tassie ,.... but well worth the wait hey !
:Y: :cool: :Y:
:party: :party:

As is always the case when we go away anywhere and ive got spare time, you know nothing to see, nowhere to go etcetc, i pull out the detector and have a swing, mostly in the place we are parked. This time with the trip as far north as Lyndhurst, to Blinman, Wilpena and then heading towards home these are the coins I found along the way. Apart from the decimals, there are 3 pennies, a threepence, a shilling and a "Dazzleland" token from Meyer.....plus some other stuff. Not bad for 13 days away

When i can Ill upload the photo

I had that gut feeling ,... someone gunna upload silvers today.
Onya Tassie ! :p ...... 8) :Y:

Hold your camera around the other way next time. :lol:
good score on the coin count. :Y: O:) :Y:

Latest posts