AT Pro Finds for 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5MECH said:
silver said:
B5MECH said:
silver said:
On the silver Tassie. :Y: :D :Y:
8) :p :cool:
Nice one Daz, hope that 1911 cleans up for you, will you try and keep the patina?
I would, looks the goods hey ! O:) :party:
Definitely not a corroded one 8) but which one is it 8) :lol: nice and rare to find that :cool: :Y:
Bottom one on the right :lol:

Here are the coins cleaned as best as they will get. All 3 are crusty so wont be getting ,000's for them. It was so good to score a few predecs out in the field again. Bt living in an area tat as been inhabited since 1850, you've got to expect that coins have been dropped often. The piccie is only the predecs as I'm not really interested in the spendables.
The pennies are 1948, 1911 and the really crusty one is 1915 which was a surprise as I've not seen one of them before.
1489912485_20170319_172354.jpg

Isn't it good when you think a day might go really pear shaped but it turns out just fine.

I went for a swing this morning to the fave place, packing the AT Pro, Nel coil and 8x5 DD. As I left home I had that feeling I'd left something behind but couldn't put my finger on what it was, so off I went.
When I arrived at the place, I realised what was missing.....I'd left my sling home. But I had the 8x5 coil so at least I'd last a little longer than half an hour. [My shoulders give me heaps without one. Old age is a pain in the butt.]
As I worked my way around a patch that had yielded a couple of bunhead silvers in the past the detector started to scream and out of the ground and within about a metre of each other came two $2 coins and a 5c piece. This spot had turned up a couple of bunhead threepences as I said so I worked my way across to that spot and within about 2m of the find I got a really scratchy signal....scratchy but constant. I almost dismissed it as rubbish but remembered Minelab Gold's video on You tube showing the different sounds that gold makes. So I dug the signal and out popped an 1879 Bunhead Shilling. What a day. Sometimes things that go wrong can really work together to produce good. Well that's what I think anyway.
The other thing that kept coming out of the ground were nuggets of copper. Fairdinkm, I wish the hunks that turned up today were yellow instead of pink. Keep swingin'.

1493872836_20170504_140355.jpg
1493872859_20170504_140412.jpg
1493872881_20170504_140426.jpg

Nice hunt Daz :cool: :Y: love the thimble, you can keep it in a coin slip :lol: :lol: It's silver hey?
Well done on the 3p :cool:

Yeh, the Shilling has kept its definition. I'm amazed really because the Threepences I found, one I could just make out the date and the other was just a flat disc of silver. And it wasn't down very deep either. You know, it amazes me that a coin can stay in the same place for about a hundred years and never get kicked out of its resting place. Those threepences I told of were literally just covered by soil.......may be an inch or so down.

Great finds Tassie 1879 shilling, and, a silver hammered thimble ,... worth the search mate !
8) :p :cool: :cool: :Y:

Lovely coin Tassie, bet you were happy to see that pop out. The thimble looks like it might be silver as well. :Y:

I was really happy to see the shilling. I havent found a lot of shillings (only 3) but to find an 1800s was special. I now a rams head, a kgv, and now a bunhead. Really happy.

Latest posts