Where are they?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm headin up the creek when in the corner of my eye I spot a bit of water feeding in from the side.I exit stage left and find myself on a dirty little mud/sand filled creek 2 meters wide at its widest point.I find a rocky decent at the far end where its now cut off by a road and is fed by Colvert piping only.So I go down,access the 50 meters or so I have to play with and in my first pond I hit a pocket full of 1+ct zircons and tons of spinel.Im seeing nothing but red and black and think ive hit the jackpot.Second sieve and out comes a 50ct zircon.Now I'm thinking that with all this spinel and 1/8 sieves so laden with zircon I can barely pick it up that the sapphire will be falling out of the back of the car on the way home.But yep you guessed it.Ive been digging high and low all over this leech filled pit from hell and ive scored a handful of sapphires even a Sri Lankan would chuck away.So I'm sitting there scratchin my arse thinking about what the deal is.I then realize I'm sitting on the old creek bed which is 10 meters wide easy, covered by 500mm of soil.I do a quick test drive shaft and find a wet creekbed with granite base right where ive been sitting bemused for over a week.Now my question is this,with a lack of the good oil in the running creek does this give me reason to pack up and flee or is the old bed feeding the running creek thus giving me reason to start digging like a banshee?. What would you do, head for deeper waters or dig hoping to find some stones untouched by mankind? cheers

You'd have to think like M.G, and take a few steps back to get a good look at what your not quite seeing, then test and record your findings when you make a well informed decision, then keep a good eye on your recorded findings to help you discern the undiscernable, and keep moving forward from the cumulation of all you learnt behind you pointing the way ahead. :D

Dig, Dig deeper till you hit Bedrock and reap your Rewards.. you are standing/sitting on them or are very close.... As Silver and 7.62marksman said stand back and 'Look and Read' the Creek... IMO.. Have a scout around the other side of the Road... They had to come from somewhere... Zircons are 'Lightweight' compared to Sapphires... I would be heading to the Head of the culvert too... You may find that not many Sapphires are there at all... just Zircons and Spinel..

LoneWolf...

Latest posts