Armstrong Industries GRB 777 Mini rock crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve
A good mate out in WA originally bought the smaller one for his lease. Saw it in operation last year. Very impressive.
Did the job very well for him. He was actually considering getting the larger one to ramp things up.
Apparently Jake Armstrong is a real good guy and very switched on.
Personally I recon it worked a treat. Bit of hassle to clean the final filter imo but that's where some of the gold hides...lol
Just seriously think about which size you need and how much you're going to crush before committing to a unit.
Cheers
ChrisM

Thanks Chris,
That's what I was hoping to hear.

I'd love a bigger unit and it would be nice to be in a position where I needed one. Also portability and space is a concern.
I've near worn out my dolly pot and have tubs of half crushed stuff that I keep saying I'll finish one day. But one day never comes.

Thanks again for your input.

Steve

I`ve had the 777 for a number of years, tis a good solid unit, for detected specimens is the way to go. I did 30 years of my "poverty" pot collection (past specimen fines I`d dolly potted and panned off) took about 40 hours and was impressed with what I`d got and unimpressed with what I`d missed.

madtuna said:
Thanks Chris,
That's what I was hoping to hear.

I'd love a bigger unit and it would be nice to be in a position where I needed one. Also portability and space is a concern.
I've near worn out my dolly pot and have tubs of half crushed stuff that I keep saying I'll finish one day. But one day never comes.

Thanks again for your input.

Steve
ive made a simple bucket crusher run off a 240v ozito drill. its far from perfect but cost me less than $50 in parts. ill try to get some photos up this weekend for you

Thanks Shiv, yep I know Trent has one, I might send him a message.

ITG, that would be much appreciated.

Ideally the next size up would be better but it's size and weight is just not feasible on my own

Hi madtuna, I've got one and it works quite well- the hard bit is finding rocks with gold in them! I find it works best with rocks about an inch size, (maybe a bit bigger) much bigger and the feed tube can block up. But you can put several inch size rocks in at the same time, so long as it doesn't block. You can hear when it crunches them and then you can put more in. I pre crack bigger rocks with a hammer first. Certainly a lot easier than using a dolly pot. I use mine for rocks with no visible or detectable gold in them, just rocks that look like they might have gold in them, and I have got a bit with it but not as much as sluicing and panning. The machine works well, but I only do a bucket every now and then. If you wanted to do heaps with it a bigger one would probably be better.

Thanks 22S
yeah bigger would ne better but size, weight and portability is a concern.
I've only got probably about 200kg to crush all up so I'll just do a bit at a time till I've knocked it all over

Seen one once made out of a Victa Lawn mower
mounted on a truck brake drum.
Bit Redneck if you were not careful.

wasnt able to get all the bits together yet should have photos in the next few days (hasnt been used in a while)

sorry it took so long

i do not in any way claim this sort of device is safe to use, if you attempt to make your own do so at your own risk. the photos should be pretty self explanatory if youd like more details let me know

1488435237_20170302_164341-1612x1209.jpg

1488435277_20170302_164348-1612x1209.jpg

1488435306_20170302_164404-1209x1612.jpg

1488435350_20170302_164415-1612x1209.jpg

1488435391_20170302_164443-1612x1209.jpg

1488435433_20170302_164527-1209x1612.jpg

the holes in the bucket need to be reinforced but ive been spending all my time working on my sluice so havent crushed any rock in a while.the bucket got chewed up before i put the washers in the blocks of pine to stop the shaft from wandering.

Thanks mate for taking the time to post the pics.
What to say? umm..yeah!

The plastic bucket is probably not robust enough for my liking but I do own a pair of high tech safety boots similar to yours so I'm part way there.

Cheers!

madtuna said:
Thanks mate for taking the time to post the pics.
What to say? umm..yeah!

The plastic bucket is probably not robust enough for my liking but I do own a pair of high tech safety boots similar to yours so I'm part way there.

Cheers!
ive run quite a lot of rock through it and havent had a problem. its one of the bunnings $14 buckets. ive thought about surrounding the outside with duct tape as extra reinforcing but it hasnt been an issue yet

Armstrong crushers are the tits. Ive built a bought many crushers my 777mini is a mean piece of kit i wouldnt use anything else.

When you have no shake/wobble due to perfect engineering and you have a impact bar that doesn't over crush creating problems with chemical free recovery you have a quality unit. Jake is a legend and his old man has many years in the industry which is why they produce the best crusher in australia

Wow just saw the above plastic bucket idea. All i can say is wow scary dangerous and youll be smashing gold into your Plastic which will never be recovered.

The concept id fine for s drill mount chain crusher but man have some respect for your feet and get a scrap piece of metal pipe at least. This scares the crap out of me

Latest posts