Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all anyone got an opinion on the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro as i have been recommended this over the THE XTERRA 705 dual as i want to do beach and gold detecting as i have under a $1000 for budget anyone shed there experiences with these to detectors.

7.62marksman thanks for your opion i just want to compare the two detectors as one is a bit cheaper but not many reviews on it but have been told that the LRP is the pick for the mney out of the two but i am not to sure anyone will do anything for a sale, trying to do my H/W before deciding anything...

The 705 would be the better choice, it has dedicated beach and prospecting modes, whereas the LRP is more of a basic coin/jewellery detector, though probably the easier of the two for a newbie. Can't really beat the pricing of the 705 at the moment for what the detector has to offer, loads of coil options as well.

The LRP is quite popular in the US, mainly due to the ease of use, very light weight and respectable depth ability with the 11" coil. From what I have seen, it lacks in recovery speed ability vs Fisher's more expensive detectors. Unfortunately it should be priced a lot cheaper than what it is currently being sold for here, yet another casualty of poor exchange rates with the US.

If you are going to pick a detector from the First Texas range (bounty hunter/fisher/teknetics), the biggest bargain at the moment is the re-release of the Teknetics T2 Green Classic. At $899 it offers a heck of a lot of detector for the money, especially compared to the Land Ranger. http://m.losttreasures.com.au/site/....losttreasures.com.au/teknetics-t2-ltd2/#2833

Another option is the Makro Racer 2, it has very good beach ability for a VLF detector, and plenty of features to boot.

love the input Goldpick it has given me more incite to whats out there for money value and experience that you are showing thank you, but if you were to pick one out the ones you just mentioned what one would you go foras i have look and check them out but all seam about the same to me so i think i need your lintel again here please.

the Racer 2, but your asking a single machine to do alot, beach and goldfields....is anything proven for that job? XP Deus maybe, or one of those whites TDI pros, outside your budget.

had a bounty hunter many years ago ...
played up so much ... nearly shot it
:)

rocketaroo said:
the Racer 2, but your asking a single machine to do alot, beach and goldfields....is anything proven for that job? XP Deus maybe, or one of those whites TDI pros, outside your budget.
I am not asking for a lot this is what they are saying the machines can do, i am simply asking what is the best machine to do it with from other peoples experiences.

lifebeinit said:
love the input Goldpick it has given me more incite to whats out there for money value and experience that you are showing thank you, but if you were to pick one out the ones you just mentioned what one would you go foras i have look and check them out but all seam about the same to me so i think i need your lintel again here please.

If it were me, I'd start off with a coin/relic/beach detector and save up for a decent pulse induction gold detector. Very hard to have a one size fits all scenario, as VLF detectors aren't the easiest things to use on mineralised goldfields ground, not to mention having to deal with hot rocks in those areas. The pulse induction detectors ignore mineralisation, are easier to use, and will surpass any VLF on depth on mineralised ground.

Ideally a multi frequency detector such as the Minelab Safari, Etrac or CTX would best suit beach detecting, though most likely out of your price range. The Racer 2 is probably the best VLF detector I have used on wet sand with regards to stability and ability to gain a successful ground balance - even when run on high sensitivity levels. If you can save up a couple of extra hundred dollars, the Nokta Impact will hit our shores in the not too distant future - that would definitely be worth a look at, and a lot cheaper than high end detectors like the XP Deus.

Whilst I can try to recommend a detector, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be to your liking - purchasing a detector is quite a personal decision on what features you want from a detector, including weight, ergonomics, number and types of factory programs etc etc. All I can go by is what I have used and experienced, and that pretty much leaves Racer 2 as being best value for money as an all-rounder on beach ability, and on coins and relic hunting (for under $1000).

Other detectors worth considering include:

Fisher Gold Bug DP (also called Gold Bug Pro, the DP model comes with larger 11" coil)
Fisher F75 (very similar to the T2 though cannot run concentric coils)
Teknetics G2 (same as Gold Bug DP, except with superior ergonomic shaft setup)
Teknetics T2 Green Classic (superior in the picking order to the G2 or gold bug, but currently selling around the same price as the G2)
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Safari ($200 over your budget, but running multi frequency which is desirable for beach use)

I would have mentioned the Makro Gold Racer, as it can be used for both Gold and coin detecting, though it lacks a dedicated beach mode.

Later on you can maybe look at a used Minelab pulse induction detector for gold detecting. :)

Goldpick said:
lifebeinit said:

If it were me, I'd start off with a coin/relic/beach detector and save up for a decent pulse induction gold detector. Very hard to have a one size fits all scenario, as VLF detectors aren't the easiest things to use on mineralised goldfields ground, not to mention having to deal with hot rocks in those areas. The pulse induction detectors ignore mineralisation, are easier to use, and will surpass any VLF on depth on mineralised ground.

Ideally a multi frequency detector such as the Minelab Safari, Etrac or CTX would best suit beach detecting, though most likely out of your price range. The Racer 2 is probably the best VLF detector I have used on wet sand with regards to stability and ability to gain a successful ground balance - even when run on high sensitivity levels. If you can save up a couple of extra hundred dollars, the Nokta Impact will hit our shores in the not too distant future - that would definitely be worth a look at, and a lot cheaper than high end detectors like the XP Deus.

Whilst I can try to recommend a detector, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be to your liking - purchasing a detector is quite a personal decision on what features you want from a detector, including weight, ergonomics, number and types of factory programs etc etc. All I can go by is what I have used and experienced, and that pretty much leaves Racer 2 as being best value for money as an all-rounder on beach ability, and on coins and relic hunting (for under $1000).

Other detectors worth considering include:

Fisher Gold Bug DP (also called Gold Bug Pro, the DP model comes with larger 11" coil)
Fisher F75 (very similar to the T2 though cannot run concentric coils)
Teknetics G2 (same as Gold Bug DP, except with superior ergonomic shaft setup)
Teknetics T2 Green Classic (superior in the picking order to the G2 or gold bug, but currently selling around the same price as the G2)
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Safari ($200 over your budget, but running multi frequency which is desirable for beach use)

I would have mentioned the Makro Gold Racer, as it can be used for both Gold and coin detecting, though it lacks a dedicated beach mode.

Later on you can maybe look at a used Minelab pulse induction detector for gold detecting. :)

you done it again Goldpick, perfect feedback and easy listening to my ears, yes i can wait i am in no rush to jump into the first one i see i am in no rush at all and your advise is spot on i like the Teknetics T2 Clasic and the minelab 705 dual but heard a bit of negativity on the 705 i also like the Makro Gold Racer 2 slightly more expensive but all the same you get what you pay for but i can save a bit more coin to get a decent detector first go for all my inexperience's with detecting lol also just looking at the Nokta as well and it looks pretty fancy do you recon a novist like myself would be able to understand all the functions of it or is it a matter of getting use to what you purchase and getting to know your product...

Latest posts