Tuena using river sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spent most of Saturday using my river sluice.
I had lots of fun as I built a dam that took me a while to build up. I only did about 20 half buckets as it's so much easier to carry.
I am happy with what I got.
I will be heading back on the 28th this month for 5 nights.
1487481778_img_0308.jpg

1487481778_img_0309.jpg

1487481778_img_0310.jpg

as5672..good little haul alright..but if you allow me, I think you could be doing yourself out of gold that you might not realise!...Its difficult to tell from the photo..but it appears to be flowing a tad more water through the sluice than you need to be... in my opinion :with it being such a short run and only four riffles you only get one shot at each shovel full you put in there ;)..i would have liked to have a pan at the end of your sluice run and check to see if you were losing any in the flow rate that you had employed there :cool: Not saying you were'nt doing good but just giving you some food for thought. I had a similar unit years ago..till my old man suggested it was running to much water...and.. sat a pan snug in under the end of the sluice...he was right!..OLD BUGGER WAS DEAD RIGHT!..HEHE :cool: Anyway mate!..see yer at the diggins :Y:

Thanks all, ok reefer as I did have lots of water. Still learning :)
I am thinking about getting a highbanker.

Latest posts