QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked them out at miners den, too many $, no arm rest etc.....will go a whites.
OK, so its gonna be a franken QED, whites upper shaft, minelab lower.....

Dave just check with Dean I think the 2 shaft are different sizes , the qed I was using had whites upper shafts and my ML lower shaft would not fit regards john :)

Dean reckoned the ML lower will fit, just need to drill a hole to suit the spring load ML pin.
Hope it bloody fits!

1489224014_20170309_150427.jpg

I have a Q.E.D. with a whites S shaft that was supplied by Dean at G.S.A.when I ordered mine and I must say that where the battery box is mounted is to far forward, so I have to now fix this myself by drilling a hole further back on the shaft to try to get the weight off the nose of the coil to get it to balance better.

Also where the whites S shaft fits into the 12" Evolution coil ears is much wider than the end of the shaft so in my shaft package there was 3 rubber washers to fill the gap to attach the shaft to the coil which makes the coil flop around and feels very loose and spongee, so this is another thing I have to fix myself which I should not have to do.

So I bought a packet of white plastic washers from Bunnings hardware and fitted one into the end of shaft first on each side and then fitted the rubber washers one to each side and that was how I fixed that problem to make the shaft be a more secure fit.

You will see in the photo where I will move the battery box further back on the shaft which I'm going to do myself.

I would also be looking at a way to secure those wing nuts, That is a stupid Idea, and of coarse no use to left handed people with them catching on their cloths etc.

RR, wing nuts on both sides of the battery box. That will be another mod I will have to do, gef12 does an impressive battery box and alternate battery set up for the QED. Ive got 2 more night shifts, then a couple of days off, hope the rain stays away so i can get back out there.

davent said:
RR, wing nuts on both sides of the battery box. That will be another mod I will have to do, gef12 does an impressive battery box and alternate battery set up for the QED. Ive got 2 more night shifts, then a couple of days off, hope the rain stays away so i can get back out there.
Dave that could easily be placed in something like a Tupperware container type thing that has the depth to shield the nuts, or even better some covers that will keep it all safe,

The closest covers to fit that would be made for the C-Scope R-1, So I will check em out and see if I can get them, If you tell me the measurements I will chase them up for you.

John.

All good mate, gef12 will knock me up a superior battery set up, loading 12 x AA,s feels like loading a magazine for an AK47!

If you can Davent send that rain our way, bro-in-law in Darwin tells me you folks have busted 2m so far this wet. Be some grass up your way.

Gamba grass near my work place is over head high already and dense as jungle.Lots of spear grass around too, and the grass seed is already a pain.
When I do manage to get out again, Ill be working pushed areas untill its dry enough to burn.......still more rain coming.

you'd be hung drawn and quartered if you suggested burning anything here in vic Dave. the greenies and the pc brigade are out in force...

Its part of the cycle here in the NT. The govt fire bombs areas from aircraft, lightening does a fair bit, and black fellas been burning it for 60,000 years.
Its different than down south, we have two seasons, wet and dry.
The wet really begins about Sept, the days become more humid, the temperature dosn't change much, but it feels like it gets a lot hotter. It dosn't really start raining properly until late Nov/Dec. The build up.
About April/May, we get "knock em down" storms. the last fling of the wet, and the storms blow very hard, and knocks a lot spear grass down, thus spreading the seed into the wet fertile ground, ready for the next wet. The humidity stops, and about july, its beginning to turn brown, and the burning begins proper. Then its clear enough to detect just about any where you want.
Nights cool down, and get to lows of round 19-20 C with occasional cold nights of 16/17C. Days stay steady at about 30-33C but feel sooooo much cooler than the 30-33C we get now. Huge difference in temp, even though its actually the same.
The PC brigade wouldn't have a clue about life up here, they come and try, they have little wins, and usually last about 1 or 2 years before they head back to cities where they can have real soy lattes, and sit around in cafes and criticise the world around them. :|

Latest posts