QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think just about every thing ever made nower days has some imported parts in it, Still does not change the fact that they are made in Australia, Even Rolex Watches have Jewels imported from around the world but They are Still Swiss Made Watches just the same,

Gone are the Days of Henry Ford when every thing was made In House, Including the Windows and Tyres, :Y:

The QED is not just assembled here in Australia. It was designed by an Australian. The plastic control panel is built in Ballarat, as is the electronics box and speaker mounting. The coils used can be from a number of sources, Australian or overseas built. The stems and arm rests are overseas sourced, although this may change in future if a local manufacturer can be arranged. Obviously electronic components are overseas sourced as they are not manufactured here.
Thinly veiled denigration of this Australian detector by suggestions that it is merely assembled here ignores the fact that it is not a multinational conglomerate charging exorbitant prices for equipment cheaply manufactured in third world countries that are notorious for actual slave labour conditions. The QED is built here.

Not having a go at the detector or you, just pointing out that not all components are made here.
Time to move on.

Redfin, I don't think it would.be possible to build a detector with 100% Australian made components.
It is designed and built in Australia, by an Australian.

Its made in Australia full stop.

davent said:
Redfin, I don't think it would.be possible to build a detector with 100% Australian made components.
It is designed and built in Australia, by an Australian.

Its made in Australia full stop.

I'm over it Dave, see 4 corners are at it again tonight.

Reg Wilson said:
.............it is not a multinational conglomerate charging exorbitant prices for equipment cheaply manufactured in third world countries that are notorious for actual slave labour conditions.
You are not putting into perspective the majority's favourite ML in here. Are you?
:lol:

Redfin said:
Not having a go at the detector or you, just pointing out that not all components are made here.
Time to move on.

Nothing on this planet is made out of parts and/or components that are single sourced or entirely in house manufactured. This is not the way the world runs these days.
If the QED is put together by an Australian according to his own design it is by all means an Australian product that contains some parts and materials sourced elsewhere, but this doesn't make it any less Australian.
Hell, probably half of the food in Australian shops is imported. Are you an Australian or a foreigner since you probably didn't grow up with 100% Australian food?

Well it is made in Australia and from a bloke in a shed, Not only he has done a mighty job but the thing works and works well, It might not have the name of the top 5 companies on It but it has knocked at leased 4 of the others off their perch, Fair play to the bloke, :Y:

Interesting the negativity expressed against a home grown PI detector from what i have seen as a newbie to this hobby. Constructive criticism i can understand but alot of attitudes havent done the maker and detector any favours.

If there is anything not liked about the workings or layout, why not present it as constructive criticisms so we all have the opportunity to benefit in the long run. Howard needs to be of the character to listen and wear constructive criticisms also. A detector needs to be made for the people.

I hope the QED survives and prospers. Hopefully the QED will be my first PI.

Al.

Aussiedigs do a Google search on the QED. The bickering goes on for ~10years or so.
Both sides of the fence have been as bad as each other over the years including the maker. There's no innocent parties!
In my opinion though the maker has been very proactive in regards to any constructive criticisms since the QED's initial public release for sale seen by the improvements made through to the current PL2 model - many of them put forward by users.
Unfortunately some of the other non financial vested interests/connections in the QED still go on the attack against anyone who does raise any criticism whether it's warranted or not. They ruin it for the maker as much as any of the so called anti-QED mob!

Aussiedigs said:
Interesting the negativity expressed against a home grown PI detector from what i have seen as a newbie to this hobby. Constructive criticism i can understand but alot of attitudes havent done the maker and detector any favours.

If there is anything not liked about the workings or layout, why not present it as constructive criticisms so we all have the opportunity to benefit in the long run. Howard needs to be of the character to listen and wear constructive criticisms also. A detector needs to be made for the people.

Al.

Hi Al,

If you haven't already found it there is another forum that loves the QED. Just don't mention the name Minelab and you should fit in nicely.

http://www.australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Aussiedigs said:

Al.

Hi Al,

If you haven't already found it there is another forum that loves the QED. Just don't mention the name Minelab and you should fit in nicely.

http://www.australianelectronicgoldprospectingforum.com

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug. I have joined that forum but have not posted there. Actually i very rarely venture in there. I did alot of reading but havent been back since really. There is one member who annoyes the crap outta me so best to stay away. ;)

mbasko said:
Aussiedigs do a Google search on the QED. The bickering goes on for ~10years or so.
Both sides of the fence have been as bad as each other over the years including the maker. There's no innocent parties!
In my opinion though the maker has been very proactive in regards to any constructive criticisms since the QED's initial public release for sale seen by the improvements made through to the current PL2 model - many of them put forward by users.
Unfortunately some of the other non financial vested interests/connections in the QED still go on the attack against anyone who does raise any criticism whether it's warranted or not. They ruin it for the maker as much as any of the so called anti-QED mob!

Gotchya!