You are not logged in.

  • Register to access all forum features  

#826

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 02:50 pm

JakeofallTrades wrote:
Tathradj wrote:

I myself have been very lax on my comments about the QED. ops
As it stands at the moment,
The QED is a very capable machine.
When I am right I do not and will not back down. thumbsup

Times lately for the detecting time have been like hell to find.
I have set my sights on putting it out there for all to see and
in my own, Personal opinion,
The QED to me is a brilliant machine.

Only way to describe the machines capabilities and operation,
It is a prospectors machine.
Not a gadget that does every thing for you.
But do not let that put you off.
Like any piece of equipment, Learn how to use it. I picked up how
to set it up within 20 minutes of use.

And it pinged a target 22 grams at 450 mm deep with a Sadie on it. cool

I quite like it. perfect perfect

"And it pinged a target 22 grams at 450 mm deep with a Sadie on it"

So I've read on another forum that this was a test piece, not found, is that correct?

I'd like to know that too.
I took it from the post that it was a found 22 gram gold bit.


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

#827

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 02:52 pm

Rush wrote:

For me the QED video results shows what it can achieve at a fraction of the cost of the others.

And that's about all it shows! thumbsup


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#828

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 275
Member
08 January 2019 03:42 pm

Mbasko, you have misread the Wombat test. Each coil change on the QED required a Mode change which I trust you understand is necessary to match the coil being used to the electronics. In each case the detector with each coil change was used on and off the test pad to ensure that it was field compatible.
The latest QED test videos had nothing what so ever do do with the Russian coils. I don't know where you got that from. I was invited to be involved with testing of the Russian coils at Maryborough, but could not make it due to family commitments. Davsgold can confirm that. Your sources of information appear to be inaccurate.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

#829

goldtrapper
Member
Joined: 26 September 2018
Posts: 273
Member
08 January 2019 03:42 pm

Has anyone hear of any updated QED machine coming out soon?

#830

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 275
Member
08 January 2019 03:50 pm

Goldtrapper, As far as I am aware there are no immediate plans for a new model QED, however Howard intimated that when time becomes available he would like to develop an auto ground tracking model. He is kept busy for the moment building detectors.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: goldtrapper

#831

goldtrapper
Member
Joined: 26 September 2018
Posts: 273
Member
08 January 2019 04:11 pm

Thanks Reg.
I am guessing that any new advances that are made would be available to be downloaded to previous models?

#832

Rush
Member
Joined: 22 May 2015
Posts: 147
Member
08 January 2019 04:56 pm

mbasko wrote:
Rush wrote:

For me the QED video results shows what it can achieve at a fraction of the cost of the others.

And that's about all it shows! thumbsup

And more.

#833

Araratgold
Member
From: Ararat, VIC
Joined: 31 July 2014
Posts: 216
Member
08 January 2019 05:44 pm

It would seem that my comments have returned to the clip. Disappeared, and have now reappeared ??!! hmm Apparently only visible when I am logged into my YouTbube account ! hmm

Rick

Last edited by Araratgold (08 January 2019 06:00 pm)

#834

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 05:56 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:

Mbasko, you have misread the Wombat test. Each coil change on the QED required a Mode change which I trust you understand is necessary to match the coil being used to the electronics. In each case the detector with each coil change was used on and off the test pad to ensure that it was field compatible.
The latest QED test videos had nothing what so ever do do with the Russian coils. I don't know where you got that from. I was invited to be involved with testing of the Russian coils at Maryborough, but could not make it due to family commitments. Davsgold can confirm that. Your sources of information appear to be inaccurate.

Reg, Your tests were only brought into this discussion because you put it in! I couldn't care less about them but you seem to enjoy a bit of push & shove!
Wombat uses the words like "bit of playing around", "reset some of the setting" & "fine tuning" in his report. To me that all points to more than a simple mode change but a change or tuning of a number of settings to achieve optimal set up. I trust you understand that when mode is changed on the QED a number of other settings may also need to be fine tuned for that mode! This fine tuning can indeed be used to benefit on test beds but may not be usable in practice - something you allude to in the same thread:

Reg Wilson wrote:

while testing we found that an ideal setting over the target did not always provide a usable setting over nearby ground in general, so a compromise had to be reached in such cases. We did the same with the other detectors that were used for comparison.

This is just one reason why test bed results mean SFA! Why not just use the same settings for the nearby ground instead of a "compromise".
Anyway no one mentioned any of it until you did & it's not what we were originally discussing at all.
I see you're allowed back on 4umer - go over there & restart the discussion on your testing again wink

http://australianelectronicgoldprospect … n#msg46369
No doubt to me that the QED video was posted after the above discussion (flimsy attempt to warn people off the aftermarket GPZ coils). Good opportunity to slip in a QED vid with favourable results to counter the good results of the GPZ & the aftermarket coils. Discussion on Doug's poop forum - video posted by Howard on YouTube after discussion. This is how they've marketed the thing from day dot.
The latest QED test video had nothing to do with the Russian coils you say. Maybe not - or maybe? IMO (in my opinion as stated previously) it does to Doug + his cronies but they don't prove anything & have missed the whole purpose of the GPZ + Russian aftermarket coil tests which was to compare coils not detectors!!!! Can't make it any plainer than that. thumbsup

Edit: Also another member on this thread made the discussion about the GPZ/GPX videos not me!! I just joined in the discussion.

Rush wrote:
grumpygold wrote:

just came accross this qed video on youtube, must be a newie aint seen it before, not a long video, but very impressive results though

I see that the videos of a GPZ and GPX at the same test site over the same targets show the QED is as capable even more so on the final target that the GPZ and GPX failed to respond too.

Last edited by mbasko (08 January 2019 06:12 pm)


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#835

Dave79
Member
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 715
Member
08 January 2019 05:57 pm

I've said it before, if you don't like something don't use it and leave the people who do like it alone. big_smile


Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

2 users like this post: Mirrors, grumpygold

#836

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 05:58 pm

Araratgold wrote:

It would seem that my comments have returned to the clip. Disappeared, and have now reappeared ??!! hmm

Rick

Watch out for the stone throwing now...……..

Rush wrote:

And more.

But wait there's more zzz


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#837

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 06:07 pm

Dave79 wrote:

I've said it before, if you don't like something don't use it and leave the people who do like it alone. big_smile

We're all entitled to our opinion & some of us have more hours using the QED than some others put together!
Some of us have even found in situ, real, natural gold with it gold-nugget
It's not that I don't like the QED it's just I find some BS poop to hard to swallow.
In fact I always freely recommend it to anyone who can't afford a GPX/GPZ. thumbsup


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: Dave79, Araratgold

#838

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 275
Member
08 January 2019 06:42 pm

Goldtrapper, not sure about adding auto ground tracking to existing QED. I will discus it with Howard next time we talk and will let you know.

Mbasko, let me state once more: the QED videos had nothing to do with the Russian coils.
The tests held with Wombat were as described and no 'cheating' took place.
If you are only looking for a stir, and trying to bait me.... don't bother, I am not interested. As I have said to Rick in the past, if you wish to pursue insinuations that I am being less than truthful. Let's talk about it face to face.


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

1 user likes this post: goldtrapper

#839

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
08 January 2019 07:07 pm

Reg for whatever reason you are reading me all wrong:
A. You made the discussion about your testing with Wombat not me. I read it as written as can anyone else. Where have I accused you of cheating??? I haven't!!! Different coils required setting up & In your own words you compromised on settings. No big deal there. Whoopity do.
B. I didn't make the QED video about the GPZ/ Russian test coil videos - Rush did. I just responded to say those tests were about comparing the coils nothing else & pointed out other QED sycophants have been comparing them to the QED also. It's BS & proves nothing.
I'm not saying the QED video has anything to do with Russian coils. Merely pointing out others incorrectly are trying to make it be!!

I think you're trying to bait me. It seems to be something you excel at if you think someone may be putting anything remotely negative down about the QED. It's your simple way of keeping things in check it seems. Maybe they are right about you having a vested interest in it?.

Last edited by Jaros (08 January 2019 07:38 pm)


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#840

Reg Wilson
Member
Joined: 06 September 2017
Posts: 275
Member
08 January 2019 07:22 pm

Mbasko, there was no veiled physical threat. I'm just sick of people that are keyboard warriors and say things on a forum that they would not say elsewhere.
Seems you are now backpedalling from your original position, and insinuations.
You've made your point about your thoughts on the QED, and you're entitled to them, but going on like a cracked record proves nothing.

Just for your benefit Mbasko. Let me repeat ; I have no vested interest in the QED other that being at the fore front of new detector developments, just as I had no vested interest in Minelab when I tested for them.

Last edited by Reg Wilson (08 January 2019 07:26 pm)


Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

#841

Tathradj
Moderator
From: Tathra, NSW
Joined: 17 February 2014
Posts: 8,148
Moderator
08 January 2019 08:21 pm

mbasko wrote:
JakeofallTrades wrote:
Tathradj wrote:

I myself have been very lax on my comments about the QED. ops
As it stands at the moment,
The QED is a very capable machine.
When I am right I do not and will not back down. thumbsup

Times lately for the detecting time have been like hell to find.
I have set my sights on putting it out there for all to see and
in my own, Personal opinion,
The QED to me is a brilliant machine.

Only way to describe the machines capabilities and operation,
It is a prospectors machine.
Not a gadget that does every thing for you.
But do not let that put you off.
Like any piece of equipment, Learn how to use it. I picked up how
to set it up within 20 minutes of use.

And it pinged a target 22 grams at 450 mm deep with a Sadie on it. cool

I quite like it. perfect perfect

"And it pinged a target 22 grams at 450 mm deep with a Sadie on it"

So I've read on another forum that this was a test piece, not found, is that correct?

I'd like to know that too.
I took it from the post that it was a found 22 gram gold bit.

Test piece.
Sorry should have fixed that. ops

The test patch at the bash actually.


A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

2 users like this post: mbasko, Araratgold

#842

Tathradj
Moderator
From: Tathra, NSW
Joined: 17 February 2014
Posts: 8,148
Moderator
08 January 2019 08:26 pm

Whoa there Fella's
just hold back a bit.
I think the world of you both but please.
Have a beer and chill out a bit. cool
Me myself I love a good whole hearted debate
but we all know how it can get out of balance a bit.

Howard has been asked about an Auto ground balance front end
but it involves a whole heap of changes to implement.
He is going to look into it in the not too distant future.
I will be giving mine a damned good run at Hill End so will be
reporting like crazy.
Going to purchase a Go Pro just to do it.


A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

3 users like this post: Northeast, Mirrors, grumpygold

#843

JakeofallTrades
Member
Joined: 19 July 2013
Posts: 81
Member
09 January 2019 12:59 am

I'd like to know that too.
I took it from the post that it was a found 22 gram gold bit.

Test piece.
Sorry should have fixed that. ops

The test patch at the bash actually.

No worries thumbsup no confusion now, thanks for clarifying thumbsup

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

#844

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
09 January 2019 11:04 am


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

#845

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
09 January 2019 11:05 am


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

#846

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
09 January 2019 11:06 am

just uploaded videos every one is referencing too thumbsup


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

#847

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
09 January 2019 02:24 pm

i cant see no russian coils in these vids looks like a standard gpz coil, and a nugget finder.... smile vids were published 18/12/18, so there very very recent ones. thumbsup

Last edited by grumpygold (09 January 2019 02:26 pm)


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

#848

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
09 January 2019 02:48 pm

grumpygold wrote:

i cant see no russian coils in these vids looks like a standard gpz coil, and a nugget finder.... smile vids were published 18/12/18, so there very very recent ones. thumbsup

#$%&777 they were done as part of a series of videos made to compare the aftermarket Russian prototype coils to the standard GPZ14.

Davsgold wrote:

Some videos of the aftermarket coils on the GPZ7000 at the Coiltek test site in Maryborough VIC, conditions were wet ground and some sprinkles of rain.

All tests were done the same day and spread over about an hour.

Settings for the tests for the aftermarket coils were as follows, Difficult/General and Sensitivity 13,Threshold 27, with Audio Smoothing High, Ground Soothing Off, Semi-Auto Tracking.

Done with plenty of grunt left in the GPZ & were done to compare the prototypes against the standard GPZ14 coil using same settings not to compare ANY detectors. The GPX got a run on the day as I assume one of the testers had it there so threw it in for shitz & giggles. They say it was hampered on the day by the soaked mineralised ground. Others have hit all of those targets with the GPX in other conditions.

You's are clutching at straws, & completely missing the point of why the GPZ videos were recently done (zero to do with the QED), trying to compare the latest QED video on that test bed which was made on a different day under different conditions.

P.s. 777 next time post all the videos not just the 2 that suit your agenda wink

Last edited by mbasko (09 January 2019 02:50 pm)


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Araratgold

#849

grumpygold
Banned
Joined: 31 October 2018
Posts: 346
Banned
09 January 2019 03:08 pm

mbasko wrote:
grumpygold wrote:

i cant see no russian coils in these vids looks like a standard gpz coil, and a nugget finder.... smile vids were published 18/12/18, so there very very recent ones. thumbsup

#$%&777 they were done as part of a series of videos made to compare the aftermarket Russian prototype coils to the standard GPZ14.

Davsgold wrote:

Some videos of the aftermarket coils on the GPZ7000 at the Coiltek test site in Maryborough VIC, conditions were wet ground and some sprinkles of rain.

All tests were done the same day and spread over about an hour.

Settings for the tests for the aftermarket coils were as follows, Difficult/General and Sensitivity 13,Threshold 27, with Audio Smoothing High, Ground Soothing Off, Semi-Auto Tracking.

Done with plenty of grunt left in the GPZ & were done to compare the prototypes against the standard GPZ14 coil using same settings not to compare ANY detectors. The GPX got a run on the day as I assume one of the testers had it there so threw it in for shitz & giggles. They say it was hampered on the day by the soaked mineralised ground. Others have hit all of those targets with the GPX in other conditions.

You's are clutching at straws, & completely missing the point of why the GPZ videos were recently done (zero to do with the QED), trying to compare the latest QED video on that test bed which was made on a different day under different conditions.

P.s. 777 next time post all the videos not just the 2 that suit your agenda wink

the videos were not put on youtube the same day it was a day or 2 later, and what is 777 mean. seems nothing can be said with out you goin all tropo, will stay off this thread from now on, good luck. thumbsup


gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

#850

mbasko
Member
From: Central West NSW
Joined: 27 January 2015
Posts: 3,626
Member
09 January 2019 03:22 pm

They were all posted 18/12/18! Check on YouTube (Published Dec 18, 2018).
You made the smartass remark re: russian coils & got your reaction. Don't play the victim.
I'm not going troppo! Just trying to explain facts. Been pretty tame really.
I think you know 777 quite well lol


Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

2 users like this post: Araratgold, JakeofallTrades

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site

Top