You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Rush
25 February 2017 07:32 pm

davent wrote:
Rush wrote:
davent wrote:

My mate and his Z.......3 bits to my nil! As usual.

Davent it would have been good if you could of had a chance to check your mate Z's nuggets with your QED before he dug them up.

I did check one, no signal at all.

Thanks davent.

Has Doug on his forum setup the private QED users section for exclusive use by QED owners yet, which no doubt will allow each owner to assist one another on how best to set & operate his or her QED?

Last edited by Rush (25 February 2017 07:32 pm)

Heatho
25 February 2017 08:35 pm

Rush wrote:
davent wrote:
Rush wrote:
davent wrote:

My mate and his Z.......3 bits to my nil! As usual.

Davent it would have been good if you could of had a chance to check your mate Z's nuggets with your QED before he dug them up.

I did check one, no signal at all.

Thanks davent.

Has Doug on his forum setup the private QED users section for exclusive use by QED owners yet, which no doubt will allow each owner to assist one another on how best to set & operate his or her QED?

What are you inferring by asking such a question?

Members here have full access to all discussions, the are no private sections for full members.

Minelab GPX 5000, SDC2300, CTX3030, Equinox 800, patience, lot's of patience.

Bogger
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
25 February 2017 08:44 pm

Rush wrote:

What are these QED's that exclusive / special big_smile big_smile big_smile I would have thought that owners could assist each other in an open forum like any other model detector roll

Surely a few such as Dave will purchase and use and the results will either be good or bad ? Might be a gem and might be a lemon like any other new model item that is released for sale IMHO wink

Last edited by Bogger (25 February 2017 08:48 pm)

2 users like this post: GypsyGoldAu, mbasko

Rush
25 February 2017 08:58 pm

Heatho wrote:

Members here have full access to all discussions, the are no private sections for full members.

Hello Heatho,

I read on AEGPF site that there was to be a private section for QED owners and was not referring to this site.

I agree with Bogger why not owners assist one another on an open forum as this thread is displaying.

Heatho
25 February 2017 09:14 pm

Rush wrote:
Heatho wrote:

Hello Heatho,

I read on AEGPF site that there was to be a private section for QED owners and was not referring to this site.

I agree with Bogger why not owners assist one another on an open forum as this thread is displaying.

Well you did ask if Doug from this site was going to set up an "exclusive" QED owners section. Bit of a mystery why you would ask that??

Doug (Tathradj) is not affiliated with the other forum you mentioned. So no we are not setting up any such exclusive sections. wink

mbasko
25 February 2017 09:29 pm

Wrong Doug I think Heatho? I think the question needs to be asked on AEGPF - the admin of the site is Doug too.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Heatho

davent
25 February 2017 09:45 pm

The idea of the private owners thread, is not snobbery, its so its not hijacked with irrelevant comments, so an owner dosnt have to scroll through pages and pages of comments to find the answer for their question, that's all, any relevant info I find I post here, but we are 3 pages deep, and that's cool, love the discussion, but if you wanted to see how I do my ground balance for example, you would need to read a few posts!

Tathradj
26 February 2017 11:44 am

I took it that it was the other forum.
Happy to make this a sticky. thumbsup
Doug
Too many Bloody Doug's around. devil
Oh, I will clean this out tonight. Again. thumbsup

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

davent
26 February 2017 11:57 am

No Doug, prefer if you leave this one as it is.
Ta. smile

Rush
26 February 2017 12:24 pm

Tathradj wrote:

I took it that it was the other forum.
Happy to make this a sticky. thumbsup
Doug
Too many Bloody Doug's around. devil
Oh, I will clean this out tonight. Again. thumbsup

Sorry Doug for causing the confusion and my wrong use of wording and assumptions.

Tathradj
26 February 2017 01:40 pm

Thanks for the apology. smile smile
No offense was taken at all. thumbsup

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

bustinuggets
26 February 2017 08:51 pm

Heatho wrote:
Rush wrote:
Heatho wrote:

Hello Heatho,

Well you did ask if Doug from this site was going to set up an "exclusive" QED owners section. Bit of a mystery why you would ask that??

Doug (Tathradj) is not affiliated with the other forum you mentioned. So no we are not setting up any such exclusive sections. wink

Heathrow,

From where I sit, Rush did not mention THIS forum at all...He asked about HIS (Doug's) forum:

Rush wrote:

Thanks davent.

Last edited by bustinuggets (26 February 2017 08:51 pm)

7.62marksman
26 February 2017 09:09 pm

This could turn into 20 paces at dawn lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1488103748_100_61721.jpg

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

1 user likes this post: Mackka

davent
26 February 2017 09:15 pm

Settle down everyone, lol.

I read it as Doug from Aust electronic detector site , not this one. No harm done.
The answer is yes, Doug opened a owners site, where the learning curve could be shared among users of the QED without interruptions from people who just want to stir the pot, and also so that users can go to one thread and find answers quickly for their questions, no elitism or snobbery involved. Anything interesting or relevant I'll post here for all.
Cheers, Dave.

2 users like this post: Bogger, mxt sniper

7.62marksman
26 February 2017 09:16 pm

bugger there goes the duel
well done dave

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

7.62marksman
26 February 2017 09:17 pm

ment to say well done dave at least that is sorted lol

Heatho
27 February 2017 10:10 am

My appologies Rush, seems I read your question too quickly, will have to slow down with my reading.

Cheers

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Rush
27 February 2017 12:22 pm

Heatho wrote:

My appologies Rush, seems I read your question too quickly, will have to slow down with my reading.

Cheers

Thanks Heatho & Dave thanks for your explaining what I was endeavouring to say.

2 users like this post: Heatho, davent

davent
01 March 2017 12:09 am

One interesting point that has come up, is a couple of standout coils, neither of which I have! 18" NF advantage is one that seems to excellent and the other is the Sadie. Both coils getting great results apparently, both run stable and quiet.
I have 3 nf evo,s now, a 14x 9 a 12 and a 15. I also have a 14x 9 advantage. I will give it a run, but I really want to get the evo,s going on the QED, I'm sure they will kill it, sooo sensitive. I have heard that the 11" CT elite is doing well also.
I think in the hotter ground, the flatwound coils are a just a bit to sensitive, maybe run them a little higher off the ground? If that's the case, I will need to compare closely to my gpx , I know it finds small gold with the evo,s.
I will try the 14*9 adv on both machines.....still only have the one shaft ATM though....

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, grubstake

old hand
01 March 2017 07:50 am

Dave I found the evo s gave some trouble on some ground in the GT I was told to back the mode to 8 ended up running mode at 6 and found the coil and detector ran quiet well. I put a 11 commander mono on the other night detecting under power lines, detector ran reasonably stable managed to pick up a shot gun pellet was happy with that result. I was using the head phones that I use on my 45 but are finding the threshold very low running the volume at 85 or max ,it would make it nice if it had a ground balance button regards john smile

Last edited by old hand (01 March 2017 07:59 am)

golden triangle

davent
01 March 2017 07:59 am

John, did you do the bias / vol threshold?

old hand
01 March 2017 08:06 am

I tried both ways ,I found using the bias that the threshold was no very stable on the lower and higher end ,so I used it the other way halve the difference add it to the lower end all was well except you have to crank the volume up to max to get a threshold smile

golden triangle

neddy
01 March 2017 08:51 am

A few months ago we had the opportunity of testing different Spiral Wound coils on our Minelabs. We tried 12 inch nf, 14x9 nf and 11 inch detech. We both found 14x9 nf than quieter than the 12inch nf but the stand out coil was the 11 inch detech. Both of us bought the detech. In a recent trip over Vic at wederburn another friend of mine had problems of noise etc with the 12nf. The detech in same area ran smoothly. If I invest in a QED. I will be using the Detech for sure I also have a Sadie and a Six inch Coiltek coils to use in my arsenal.
Still debating whether to take the plunge and lash out.

Bogger
Gone Walkabout
Gone Walkabout
01 March 2017 09:02 am

neddy wrote:

A few months ago we had the opportunity of testing different Spiral Wound coils on our Minelabs. We tried 12 inch nf, 14x9 nf and 11 inch detech. We both found 14x9 nf than quieter than the 12inch nf but the stand out coil was the 11 inch detech. Both of us bought the detech. In a recent trip over Vic at wederburn another friend of mine had problems of noise etc with the 12nf. The detech in same area ran smoothly. If I invest in a QED. I will be using the Detech for sure I also have a Sadie and a Six inch Coiltek coils to use in my arsenal.
Still debating whether to take the plunge and lash out.

Not wanting to stray off topic but I wonder is a "quieter" coil better or is the noisier one seeing things the other cannot ? Every signal could be yellow wink

davent
01 March 2017 09:30 am

interesting about the detech, thanks for sharing the info.
wonder how the 8" detech would go?
The one issue that worries me with my QED, is the Threshold.
I can run it it in the null, and use the volume, but only just achieves a threshold, but using the bias/vol method, I find it very difficult to maintain a stable threshold where a target is obvious above the rest of the chatter.
Early days yet....

Last edited by davent (01 March 2017 09:30 am)

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site