Went For A Swing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if these 5 silvers all found in 1sq/m of ground would be classed as a coin spill or do all of them have to be in the one hole.I suspect that they were all dropped by the same person and they are all in the same date range.Asking because I would like to enter them in the Find of the Month comp as a coin spill.

Coin spill i say :Y: , to hazard a guess of how they got there i would say a rich bloke had the runs and dropped his dacks in such a rush his belt broke and his pocket shook out, done his bussiness then stood up and run off before he was seen. Maybe :lol:
Nice find :D

It's still a spill if there was no more anywhere in the vicinity, cause someone can go for a tumble in more ways than one... causing a scatter of coins as they fall... frollick, tackle, tumble, stumble, even a root (to trip over) can eventuate in an upturned pocket or a hand full of coins to unclench.
I'm right there with spill if the conditions fit. :Y:

when the coins are all very close together that's a set down and walk away (forgetful with no hope of retrieval), or some sort of rythmic rocking back and forth letting money slip from a pocket (such as rocking the baby or cheering (even writhing in pain or ecstasy could do it) :D

Maybe we should call them as different types of spills, such as the very close "sitting down on the grass for lunch spill", or the more dispersed "paraletic rolling around on the grass drunk type spill", or even the "trip over on the grass" medium dispersed spill. Or even the in a line "rolling down a hill at the footy spill". :D

With a few hours to spare this afternoon,I packed the exterra into the car and went on the hunt for a shanty town that existed in the 1930 's to the 1950's here locally.Apparently 50 -80 people were living there including kids.Conditions were poor,most of the hits were made from flattened kerosene cans.Well I think I found the right spot,quite trashy as you would expect.Found a couple of cool things,not all detected though.Found an ACME sign (very rusty)which says Acme polished ? ?,bottle opener,pencil sharpener,a couple of little bottles,I think one is an ink well,a cold cream jar and a complete Lackersteen and Co Ltd tomato sauce bottle(which I hit pretty hard with my plug digger).Lots of broken glass in the ground. Oh yeah and another glass stopper for the collection.
1534936659_img_1643.jpg
1534936719_img_1644.jpg
1534936766_img_1645.jpg
1534936787_img_1646.jpg

little bit of light surface rust on those first 2 items should buff off ok though with a cotton bud and some toothpaste . :rolleyes:
nice bottles though .

Kids at school,wife at work get out the exterra and go for a swing.Sounded like a plan so off I went to a spot I knew would produce some goldies.After arriving I swung around a big old tree and pulled about $10 in $2 coins.Moved over near the canteen and got a nice deep signal which I decided to dig,turned out to be a 1930's gambling game called Put and Take in the form of a spinning top.I then moved to the sidelines for a couple of hours and found another $15.60 in goldies and a few BB's.I turned around from one of the last goldie finds to hear a nice 40 signal and lo and behold a silver ring.925.As I was walking back to the car to leave,swinging away (as you do) I got another $2.One of my best hunts so far,probably something to do with actually reading the 705 manual last night.
All the finds
1536650969_image.jpg

1536651002_image.jpg
1536651040_image.jpg

https://www.retonthenet.co.uk/vinta...-pocket-gambling-top-circa-1930s-n-1996-p.asp

Latest posts