Went For A Swing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a spare couple of hours while the Sunday roast was cooking so headed out to a spot I had heard of which I thought might be ok,an old cottage that the council was going to pull down to make way for a carpark but have decided to leave it be for a while.Another swing,more junk.I guess you have to dig the junk to get to the good stuff.Anyway,it is always fun because you never know what is going to show up.The plug digger I made today worked well,seems very strong.The big washer had the heart racing for a second (thought Holey $).
Today's location.
1490518141_image.jpg

The finds (junk)
1490518217_image.jpg

Might see if I can get this working again.
1490518347_image.jpg

The plugga
1490518422_image.jpg

golddiggerart said:
That digger is awesome mate and as long as it works that is all that matters, now to find that sweet spot, honey hole, bulls eye..... ;) :) :D :Y:
Very happy with the plugga Goldiggerart,it is an old Cyclone brand spade so very strong.Had it sitting in the shed for at least 5 years,a friend of ours had stored some stuff in our shed for a while and pretty sure it is hers,but she was adamant that it wasn't so now it's a plugga.I know there is a sweet spot here in Goulburn somewhere,I will find it one day.It is known as the First Inland City after all.There is a Holey Dollar in the ground here somewhere mate.

Eldorado...that florin now looks close to a new struck penny without the 'lustre'... :Y:

You call it junk....go to an antique shop and try to buy a ceramic wheeled 'dolly' wheel like you found..(they were usually on Tea trolleys or dining chairs (by 2x) and on quality furniture...=$$$$)

The interest in the various items should have you realize....one man's junk, is another's pleasure... :D

Go back for another hit and see what comes to light..thanks for sharing. Hadn't seen one of those wheels for quite some time. :cool:

Hi Eldorado

Referring to your backyard post earlier,
What about the key?
Maybe a treasure chest buried there with the rest of the kiwi pounds

GypsyGoldAu said:
Eldorado...that florin now looks close to a new struck penny without the 'lustre'... :Y:

You call it junk....go to an antique shop and try to buy a ceramic wheeled 'dolly' wheel like you found..(they were usually on Tea trolleys or dining chairs (by 2x) and on quality furniture...=$$$$)

The interest in the various items should have you realize....one man's junk, is another's pleasure... :D

Go back for another hit and see what comes to light..thanks for sharing. Hadn't seen one of those wheels for quite some time. :cool:
Funny you say that about the little ceramic wheel Gypsygoldau,my 7 yr old reckoned it was the coolest thing I found.Might head back another day,left heaps of targets today.

Let's not forget the 'stop-cock valve' spanner, the ceramic(?) dolls head and the strap buckle....all :cool: in their own way....'cos they 'exist', and you found them. ;) :Y:

Eldorado said:
The last "round pound"was made in 2016,the UK will now have a 12 sided one pound coin.
The Last Round Pound.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1488876239_image.jpg
The New Pound
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1488876045_image.jpg

Re; Last Round Pound... Ok, i get three of the icons, but a 'unicorn'???...that i don't get.

Re; New Pound...Is it my screen, or are they of two metal composites, and if so, what are they please?

Cheers
Gypsy

The valve spanner I picked up at the location when first checking out the spot,just had a walk around and found it sunbaking,the dolls head was a sunbaker as well got that today.I guess I was just hoping for a coin or two,but your right ,there is a few little cool relics there.Cheers.

GypsyGoldAu said:
Eldorado said:
The last "round pound"was made in 2016,the UK will now have a 12 sided one pound coin.
The Last Round Pound.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1488876239_image.jpg
The New Pound
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1488876045_image.jpg

Re; Last Round Pound... Ok, i get three of the icons, but a 'unicorn'???...that i don't get.

Re; New Pound...Is it my screen, or are they of two metal composites, and if so, what are they please?

Cheers
Gypsy
The outer ring of the new pound is nickel brass and the inner is nickel plated alloy.Cool coin.

Eldorado said:
The valve spanner I picked up at the location when first checking out the spot,just had a walk around and found it sunbaking,the dolls head was a sunbaker as well got that today.I guess I was just hoping for a coin or two,but your right ,there is a few little cool relics there.Cheers.

I figured the doll's head was a sunbasker, or found with something else in a dig.

Call me whimsical, but i find that i hang on to any item that was useful in the past...

Maybe we should start a thread for 'Who can design the best re-purpose of pull tabs' to make the finding of them more a releif than disgust... :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: some of this stuff is awesome & creative...

https://au.pinterest.com/explore/soda-tab-crafts/

I might have to hang on to them myself and Gold plate them for the creative types who want BLING!!!! :Y: :Y: :Y: :D

Wow,who would have thought that you could make things like that with ringpulls.Amazing the creativity of some people.

Latest posts