Cartwheel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going through som of my late farthers shite and found a old box of coins, with this big clunker in it
1486845646_20170211_093215-2210x2340.jpg

Just wondering how rare these are?
Thks

FYI...@ 4 (Long) Tons of coinage sent here, that equates to approx. 143,360 in circulation at the time...

Considering the age..it's in very good condition imo. (not to be mistaken for 'Grade')...

Out of curiosity...does it have 10 or 11 leaves on the olive branch (my eyes/screen seen better days lol)..

Gypsy

Bucket full is about right most are just pennys and halves. A few silvers florins and such, but this one and 1 other cought my eye. I think its a roman coin, no idea where he got it though. Ill put some pics of it up too

This currently on fleabay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...+.TRS0&_nkw=1797+cartwheel+penny&_sacat=58520

Gives an idea of grades and values accordingly..for $1,700 it's a reasonable grade as a MS 64 atm is $2,470.00 and it has a 'reasonable for age' lustre...

I can't quite make out the ship on Dans pics, and one close is about $500.00 (that, imo, would be top end for Dans)...

Your's is worth $$ Dan, just get it graded for a clear picture of just how much..

Cheers

Latest posts