Kingower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody been to Kingower lately ?
I went up a few weeks ago and had a little swing around and came back with the usual trash :| :| :|

G'day AL
I've tried Kingower, about 10 different spots, over the last year or so with no luck. However I know of people who have found a little. Like always you just have to search the 'right' spots, and or be lucky to walk over that spot no one else has.
Good luck

Hmmm...no X marks the spot now...but i have found some nice bits there over the years (including my 'heaviest' keeper, which is also a specie)...not worked there much, but have certainly come home more times with color, than not...

ymmv...(last 2x times out i did get skunked 'prospecting' the area so hardly reliable account)

You can get skunked anywhere, and the Kingower region is great for camping and close to Inglewood for supplies...

Research will point you to the viable areas outside the 'normal' map locations....

Gypsy

I went 3 times in kingower but some spots have been worked hard with detector..
First time with 5000/15"evo I found a 2 grammar (look like a seahorse :lol: )
Second time 3 nuggets with the zed
Third time I found nothing so I didn't go back since and it's bit far from where I live(daylesford) so I will probably not go back soon.
1493783588_fullsizerender.jpg

1493783589_img_2091.jpg

Just keep trying mate i went 2 1 of your spots and igot 3 bits the first time after 2 days work like they saidjust keep trying

We haven't found anything there (only a few tries though), but we left a nice new little digger there last year - so someone's probably found a bonus :(

Latest posts