LGH's show and tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to Daylesford today for a couple of hours, to just throw a couple of pans had fun.There's not much water out there.
Found this great sapphire and a few other gems.
Also came across some leaches boy did l crape myself when it showed up in my pan.? Decided I don't like this spot anymore lol.
Can't wait to get some more rain to fill the creeks
1486791307_win_20170211_15_38_15_pro.jpg

1486791336_win_20170211_15_45_56_pro.jpg

1486791371_win_20170211_15_59_58_pro.jpg

Nice size stone there LGH, great to see. Hope it turns out to be a cutter, nice colour regardless.

Ha, the leeches are always in sapphire spots, I reckon they are guarding the gems. :)

Nice blue sapphire there LGH nice and round too by the looks, as heatho said hope its a cutter if not still one to keep and admire look at every now and then :rolleyes: ;) well done

Just put it on brothers scale and it surprised me, how much it weighted.3.010ct
Thanks for all your comments ,not sure its a cutter, but were would l be able to get it cut? I think it would be nice on a necklaces or ring, for me.it would be a great way to show people my first good find.
1486858868_win_20170212_10_58_43_pro.jpg

Usually the smaller 'family' type Jeweller's & Watchmakers can make a 'mount'

As to cutting...perhaps the local gem club members or someone here with a passion & the gear?

GGA

Any stone found is a win mate.Leeches? mate you should see how many I had on me the other day I was in a filthy little side creek looking for zircon legends.Final score was 100 leeches, 1x50ct zircon and about 100 other zircons weighing from 1-10cts.Ive moved back into the main creek now and even though the water is a little crisper, the leeches are few and far between.Ahh,its all about the adventure right?

LGH, that's a really nice stone - have you thought of leaving it raw (uncut), and having it mounted in a claw for a necklace - that's quite a conversation piece you'd have right there.

Good luck, and now that you've got your eye in, we'll look forward to further postings. :Y:

Latest posts