Relic/coin detecting in the Hunter/Newcastle area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi anyone in the newcastle/Hunter area fancy going for a detect on Friday. I have no where in mind but wouldn't mind tagging along with someone, beats going out on your own.

Cheers Tom

I may try the beach for an hour at low tide and see if the Sov. will work in the water. A few "pieces of eight"would be nice. I'll let you know how I go. :cool:

Salty

Would love to but unfortunately can't do Friday :(, on the plus side I've just been given the go ahead to drive to Nundle on the weekend :)

Had a few hours with the Soveriegn this morning the sea was a bit rough so had a wander on the dry. Picked up $2.41 and half a dozen sinkers plus the fresh air and exercise so a morning well spent, better keep my day job though. :8

Well done saltytom. I'm looking forward to being out and about tomorrow. I'll post the results tomorrow evening.

hi I am in belmont nsw and just new to all this, i have been along the beach and found half the junk in australia. lol. If your going out again in the local area let me know, i would love to tag along, thanks chris.

Saltytom said:
Hi anyone in the newcastle/Hunter area fancy going for a detect on Friday. I have no where in mind but wouldn't mind tagging along with someone, beats going out on your own.

Cheers Tom

Hi Chris.
Welcome to the forum.
There are plenty of members in the Newy/ Lower Hunter area.
Im sure someone will contact you for a meet up.

Maybe slide on over to the introductions page and tell us all a little about yourself :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=18

Finding trash is paft of the learning curve.

Hope you enjoy this great hobby/obsession ;)

Cheers

Ramjet

Hi Chris,
I'm out of action at the moment but happy to meet up when I'm able.

Cheers Tom

Latest posts