Current Bible for Prospecting in Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested I can upload 224 pages (there is no copy right)
1383820131_image.jpg

I'm on iPad TOT at the moment, my main box is still packed away I used to collect soft versions while back all books date over 100 years and are excluded from copy right there is few Aussie books that were written by the British for the the queen (her majesty) , that I have not read as yet. Will check it over the weekend and let you know.

TOT you can start here , over 4000 free books with the search for Australia
https://archive.org/details/texts

Greglz86 said:
I'm currently keeping a eye out for a book called "the glint of gold by kerrin cook". I hear its basically a good history book making plenty of references to locations and towns in the central west NSW area. But I'm also looking for a good book for a beginner (such as myself) to what I should look for when out on a gold field. If anyone can recommend something I'm all ears :)

Greg

Here you go Greg;

View or Order this Book:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Lis...ven=nl&cm_cat=trg&cm_pla=want&cm_ite=viewbook

Nightjar said:
Greglz86 said:
I'm currently keeping a eye out for a book called "the glint of gold by kerrin cook". I hear its basically a good history book making plenty of references to locations and towns in the central west NSW area. But I'm also looking for a good book for a beginner (such as myself) to what I should look for when out on a gold field. If anyone can recommend something I'm all ears :)

Greg

Here you go Greg;

View or Order this Book:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Lis...ven=nl&cm_cat=trg&cm_pla=want&cm_ite=viewbook

I wouldn't be paying $80 for that. I got a new copy not long ago for $40, I think it was from Nuggets from Downunder. Or possibly another shop in that area. A good book.

DD

The book may be out of print. I got my copy from either the orange tourist centre or the historical society not sure which, for around $40 plus about 10 for postage.

Croc said:
The book may be out of print. I got my copy from either the orange tourist centre or the historical society not sure which, for around $40 plus about 10 for postage.
Got mine from Bathurst tourist centre years back for $40. You could check and see if they still carry it. :)

If in WA the mines Dept have copies that you can copy a few pages, which I did. Be fair and everyone can get a piece if people start being greedy we all know what happens.

I heard that his ex wife wanted too big a share of the profits, that was why he stopped ? So that is rumour #3 just from this forum. Don't know him and no disrespect in case he is still married to same lady ? Just what I heard 8)

Dam the only book I got about gold mining or detecting is the owners manual for my 2200 minelab lol.

Dibs

There was a fellow up Proserpine way that put all Gold and Ghost on to a CD... He made quite a few of them... When the Author found out, he was threatened with Legal action if he sold one copy.... My 'local' library has all 4 copies that are in the Reference section... You can 'use' them for 'Research' and where you sit is right next to the Photo-copying Machine.... How Handy... All for 'Research purposes' of Course... Fully Legal to copy sections for Research use, as per Copyright Laws... and post #11 :cool:

LW.... :rainbow:

LoneWolf said:
There was a fellow up Proserpine way that put all Gold and Ghost on to a CD... He made quite a few of them... When the Author found out, he was threatened with Legal action if he sold one copy.... My 'local' library has all 4 copies that are in the Reference section... You can 'use' them for 'Research' and where you sit is right next to the Photo-copying Machine.... How Handy... All for 'Research purposes' of Course... Fully Legal to copy sections for Research use, as per Copyright Laws... and post #11 :cool:

LW.... :rainbow:
Howdy, are those books still there, are you on the gold coast? and if so which library, my folks live up there so next time im up i'd like to do a bit of "researching" beside that photocopier, also if there is so much interest in the book surly limited preorder publishing or amazon would be the way to go
:) cheers

Latest posts