New Cairns Member

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will update everyone this week on venue etc as apparently the Irish will be running amok that weekend....

Simmo said:
We will update everyone this week on venue etc as apparently the Irish will be running amok that weekend....

I'd be interested in going to the Cairns meet if possible.?

You are more than welcome! As said, just waiting on confirmation of the day...

itsdw said:
Hi all. Weather has been a mixxed bag. Very wet and now very hot and humid. Bring back the rain or a cyclone.

Lozza. Ivw booked in at after easter to go panning on the hodgkinson. Until then. Ill hone my craft around the southside. Ive got some locations i want to do somw exploring if you are kee .

And this rain just keeps on coming!!!

Hey Drew,

I'm new on this forum too and live in Cairns. I bought a metal detector last month and am keen as mustard. I want a pan too... I tried detecting in Freshwater creek (there was an old gold mine there), Holloways, Trinity and Ellis Beach and Goomboora Park. So far I've found $3.80 in coins, about 40 bottle caps, some engine parts, fish hooks and sinkers.

Good luck!

Thornborough sounds interesting. I guess you could do a day trip there from Cairns?

Sacredsite said:
Simmo said:
I think Tyrconnel shut down didnt it?
http://www.tyrconnell.com.au/contact.htm

You will need a snorkel for the Palmer.

I was thinking of the area west of dogleg creek on the palmer field and from northcote to about 10 km north of Mt Mulligan in the thornborough area.

steve
NO IDEA, of where you are going.
never heard of dogleg creek.
Really, the only way you can get in there to do any prospecting over DOGLEG crossing on the Palmer river!!! is to know someone that has a lease or have a lease of your own.

Keenonpanning said:
I'm interested in meeting up with the cairns crew anyone know when the next meeting is ?

G'day Kop welcome to PA. They had an impromptu meeting /catch up at a pub with BigWave while he was travelling through weekend just gone. It's a good idea to ask questions in any thread and get your 10 post's up then the members section will open up and you will be able to read what's happening and join in.

Also a good idea to start your own introduction thread :Y: that'll help get the post count up ;) and when you respond it'll happen before your own eyes :playful: :beer:

I'm new from the area also. Just an interested observer at this stage and enjoying doing a lot of reading on the area history including the Palmer and Hodgkinson region.
I had no idea of the local pickings, let alone going up the Mulgrave and Russell Rivers but always suspected that there would be something in those hills ;)

1st post out of the way :power:

Roach said:
I'm new from the area also. Just an interested observer at this stage and enjoying doing a lot of reading on the area history including the Palmer and Hodgkinson region.
I had no idea of the local pickings, let alone going up the Mulgrave and Russell Rivers but always suspected that there would be something in those hills ;)

1st post out of the way :power:
Hey Welcome aboard mate!

Hello Queenslanders, my old lady lives up cairns way in the mountains next to malanda. While driving up from cairns airport theres this beautiful place called gordanvale where the mulgrave river passes through. Was wondering if anyone pans or detects around there. Also another place that I found which looked interesting was innot hot springs unfortunately went there for a swim so had no gear.

Anywhere closer to Tarzali or Malanda?

Thanks
Tony

Latest posts