New Cairns Member

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsdw

Drew
Reaction score
Afternoon all
New to all this, am about to buy a pan and will be doing some panning in and around cairns.
Fell free to drop me a line and point me in the right direction, am interested in some gold panning and gemstones.
Cheers
Drew

Welcome, Hows the weather up there, I miss Cairns 8.( :lol: :lol:
Use the little magnifying glass at the top of the screen and your wishes will be fulfilled 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right Icon ;)
Not sure hows the FNQ club is going up there, they've been a bit quiet :rolleyes: must be the humidity :lol: :lol:

B5MECH said:
Welcome, Hows the weather up there, I miss Cairns 8.( :lol: :lol:
Use the little magnifying glass at the top of the screen and your wishes will be fulfilled 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Right Icon ;)
Not sure hows the FNQ club is going up there, they've been a bit quiet :rolleyes: must be the humidity :lol: :lol:
The club is still around.
Think its a little bit wet tho.
400mm of rain last week.

Hi Drew welcome. Santa bought me a pan for Xmas have only used it once with no success. Hope to have next week of work thinking of going bush try my luck.Also have a detector just love getting out using it.Good luck cheers

Hi all. Weather has been a mixxed bag. Very wet and now very hot and humid. Bring back the rain or a cyclone.

Lozza. Ivw booked in at after easter to go panning on the hodgkinson. Until then. Ill hone my craft around the southside. Ive got some locations i want to do somw exploring if you are kee .

Hi ItsDw. Not sure about After Easter as I start a new job on the 27 Feb don't want to push my luck asking for time off.Easter holidays would suit me better I am keen to have a look around tho are you thinking Edmonton way I have just returned from 5days out bush relic hunting got some nice finds including a 1899 English penny hope to get back out there next week for a few days cheers Lozza

Gday itsdw and lozza,
good to see some more cairns lads out and about exploring!

If you want some hands on help with panning and sluicing or just a yarn and a beer sometime let me know ill happily come help.
Will prob have to wait for this rain to bugger off but it should be gone by easter.

Also the next meeting will be at my place in about a month, keep an eye out closer for the exact date.

Cheers,
TGW.

Hi from ALBURY!! Mark here!
Prospecting from 1983,and still at it at ripe age of 70,..
Just sold my GPX 5000 and panning is my latest interest.Have river sluice and many dishes.Would like to hear and meet someone of similar interest from my area!

Hi All

You look like you have all made a wonderful community here. Just wondering if there are any groups of families that like to go out fossiking or groups that have women aswell. I am a bit hesitant to go to the gem club/miners den meetings as it seems like a bit of a mens thing. I have found quite a few topaz out at Obrians Ck and Innot but I would like to have a go at gold.

Thanks M

Hi Natures,

Welcome to the forum. Get your 10 posts up and you will be able to access the members only section. I believe that the guys will be getting together on Sat 17th March at the Red Beret for lunch. Lots of info and knowledge to be gained by meeting the crew. Carol and I won't be able to get there this time as we are getting our gear ready for a trip to Perth in April.

Enjoy the forum.

Cheers

Doug

Gday Guys/Gals

Living in Nsw, Campbelltown, would like to learn more about this industry, do's an donts. hoping to make a full time career out of it if theres still any gold left.
I know its hard work, and im eager to start. Any good mentors here, gladly welcome a chat/ email or meet up perhaps.
Thanks Mods for the hard work .

Cheers

Drey

Thank you rockhunter. I just have to turn up the the red beret and look for the group with wicked sunburn lines..

Latest posts