Sea fishing NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi my name is Derek,
I am coming to Byron bay to see old friends,I live in kent UK.am just wondering if anyone ir if anyone know somebody looking for a fishing buddy in March 2017,am bring my own gear,and am happy to help with fuel costs,happy to travel,any help much appreciated
Thanks
Derek

Gday Derek, welcome to the forum ,.... I'm not from that area at all, but, there would at the least be people down there going dirt fishing surely ,.... over here you'll need to put out a Coooo-eeeee, and see who's listening ay bloke ! :)

Reckon you will find people fishing any one of the beaches in that area at any time of the day, always good to have a chat with some one having a fish.
I quite often had people come up to me and talk fishing while I was waiting for a bite, or casting a lure.

May i ask Derek . What brought you to this site to ask a fishing favour ?
Not that anything is wrong with that as a lot of us enjoy our fishing ALMOST as much as gold lol but i thought you may have wanted to find that elusive nugget first with our help and find the fishing elsewhere.
Im just curious thats all mate , some good gold spots that can have u flicking a fly or a lure for trout or Aus native species as well that can give u the best of both worlds :)
But anyway if salt water ocean fishing is your desire the offer still stands if u happen to be in Sydney at a suitable time . I have a decent boat but weather conditions dictate how far of shore i go , but in saying that Sydney Harbour offers some very good deep blue water 30M plus to get you amongst some great large fighting fish or the best ever tasting table fish , and not to mention veiws of the harbour that cant be bought
Your pick if you happen to be down this way , im just a really proud Aussie and love every chance i can get to show it of to a visitor :)

Gaz

GaryO said:
Not that anything is wrong with that as a lot of us enjoy our fishing ALMOST as much as gold lol but i thought you may have wanted to find that elusive nugget first with our help and find the fishing elsewhere.
Im just curious thats all mate , some good gold spots that can have u flicking a fly or a lure for trout or Aus native species as well that can give u the best of both worlds :)
But anyway if salt water ocean fishing is your desire the offer still stands if u happen to be in Sydney at a suitable time . I have a decent boat but weather conditions dictate how far of shore i go , but in saying that Sydney Harbour offers some very good deep blue water 30M plus to get you amongst some great large fighting fish or the best ever tasting table fish , and not to mention veiws of the harbour that cant be bought
Your pick if you happen to be down this way , im just a really proud Aussie and love every chance i can get to show it of to a visitor :)

Gaz

and not to mention veiws of the harbour that cant be bought

don't be too quick on that, we sold our harbour (Darwin) to the Chinese!!!!

GaryO said:

Gaz
Hi gaz,
Thank you so much for your generous offer,which sounds fantastic,as it's my first time in Australia and a trip of a lifetime.i have to come down and see Sydney.
I came on this site as I have had a dream for many a year to go gem hunting,not much here in the Uk.so I was thinking of going along to lightning ridge,look for an opal,or glen inness for a sapphire,there are some really nice people here,giving me advice,and while I was looking here I saw a fishing blog,and thought no harm in asking.i have been looking at charters around the Gold Coast and surrounding areas,seem a little expensive and not many hours.i love my fishing but more about the experience and a tale to tell.
Thank you again.would love to contact you again.

Derek
Mod Edit
Please do not display your email address.
Very Much Against Forum Rules.

GaryO said:
B5MECH said:
As above, could try this forum I'm not a member but check there sometimes to see whats biting :lol: :lol:
http://www.fishraider.com.au/

Im a member there B5 , they do have a desperate and boatless section for members , people are often after a fellow fisher to join them on days out :)
:lol: :lol: I 'ts a small country we live in ah :lol: :lol: I'm the occasional tumble weed :D

10 posts?
Not really understanding?
Going to try fishraider
Thanks everyone for your help,so far.

Derek

Well so have so far posted 6 coments in Prospecting Australia and when u reach 10 it allows you more member options like sending private messages or selling items etc.

Gaz :Y:

Thanks Gaz,
Hope for more posts?
I posted something on fishraider so finger crossed
I also might just head up to Brunswick early and ask around,no harm in asking.and not far to drive.and also look forward to Sydney
Thanks again

Derek.

Well everybody,only 2weeks to go and am going to be in Australia I don't know what to expect but really excited,think it will be paradise,compared to cold and grey london,as for the fishing? Who knows I do hope to get out on the water at some point,but as we all know it's called fishing and not catching,can only hope for something for the BBQ or even a tale to tell,will keep all informed.
Thanks
Derek.