4500 & 5000 depth test with the Elite 14" and 17" x 11" @ the Coiltek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm now wondering what the smallest coil has been able to get the 5oz bit???

Anyone picked it with smaller than the 14"?

GGA

Is this test site set up by Coiltek and for use by their customers or available to all.

If it is available to all what's the location. Wouldn't mind doing a few tests myself.

Great post Redfin the worksheets will be included in my kit from now on, thanks.

RM Outback said:
Is this test site set up by Coiltek and for use by their customers or available to all.

Not sure RM, to err on the side of caution I won't post the location for all and sundry to see.
Best you ask them when next you drop in.
I suggest you knock up some test sheets in Excel, ie

1486334650_test.jpg

1486334731_test_5000.jpg

Great report and thanks Redfin , if you do happen to get there again and re test what would interest me the most would be if there is a slight if any improvement running GB fixed rather than tracking on any of the targets re the new 4500. By the off chance if anyone with you runs one the results with a NF 17 x13 would be great for comparison.

Cheers

I don't think tracking or fixed would be a consideration at the site.
ie; turn machine on,
select settings,
ground balance,
sweep over marks,
record results.
test over.

Redfin said:
I don't think tracking or fixed would be a consideration at the site.
ie; turn machine on,
select settings,
ground balance,
sweep over marks,
record results.
test over.

Question because : page 38 of GPX 4500 manual

"Tracking
Fixed
Fixed holds the last Ground Balance setting. In ground where conditions allow Fixed will provide greater depth, sensitivity and sharper target signals, provided a perfect Ground Balance is maintained.
Fixed will give slightly improved performance but will require re-balancing (pg. 42) when necessary. Using the Quick-Trak button is an easy way to do this.
Note: Where possible, always search in Fixed GB to maximise depth and sensitivity, and only use Tracking in areas with excessive ground noise and/or rapidly changing mineralisation, often referred to as
variable ground."

Seems the way I read it as tracking is continually updating Fixed may have a slight edge in performance ?

if you watch Woody`s New set of 3 video`s 1,2,and 3 it shows a std 5000 with the 15 evo and the 19 evo at that havelock test site
the 19 looks pretty good
And even better on the modded 4500 ... + 4 to 6 inches on the deep target at 22 inches

cheers dave

Bacchus said:
Seems the way I read it as tracking is continually updating Fixed may have a slight edge in performance ?

I am aware of that but over 3 metres in a minute I don't think it will come into play.

10fp said:
if you watch Woody`s New set of 3 video`s 1,2,and 3 it shows a std 5000 with the 15 evo and the 19 evo at that havelock test site
the 19 looks pretty good
And even better on the modded 4500 ... + 4 to 6 inches on the deep target at 22 inches

cheers dave

I havent seen any independent testing of woodys mods that would convince me of their benefit. Be good to see someone like Nenad test them. Someone who has no ties/affiliations with Woody.

Redfin, I agree no need for videos when testing for our own personal benefits/reasons.I certainly had no intention of videoing this afternoon at the COILTEK TEST SiGHT, the weather made it out of the question but I did my best between light showers and I will share my results with those that are interested. I'm open to all suggestions and please, feel free to comment. After fiddling about with different settings etc, I came up with, (on my 5000) the following:-

Fine gold Gain. 12 Normal Audio and 10 Stabilizer,
12 Evo. 3G @ 9". My result, 12"
7G @ 12". 13"
15G @ 14". 15"
2 0z @ 20". 21"
5 0z @ 22". Heard ok scraping coil. This one was buried separately at a later date so I'm not sure how it sits in the ground. I was advised today that all others are buried in a proper manner, ie on the required angle so as to give lots of undisturbed ground. The depths are "accurate" and the ground here is very mineralised.
Same settings with the 14x9 NF Adv.
3 G. 11"
7 G. 12"
15 G. 14".
2 0z. 20"
5 0z. Just heard
Same settings with the Older, white, NF 16 inch mono.
3 G. 12.5"
7 G. 13.5"
15 G. 16"
2 0z. 23"
No. 5 0z. Heard ok.
Many thanks.

Latest posts