4500 & 5000 depth test with the Elite 14" and 17" x 11" @ the Coiltek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday Mrs Redfin and I ventured out to the Coiltek Test Site to compare the new GPX 4500 and 5000 running the Coiltek 14" and 17" x 11" Elite coils.

The targets are only lead but have been in the ground for some years.
The ground is moderately mineralized [Maryborough]

Both machines were tested in Factory presets only using both coils.

Targets are as follows;

3 grams @ 9" [22 cm]

7 grams @ 12" [30cm]

15 grams @ 14" [35cm]

2 ounce @ 20" [50cm]

5 ounce @ 22" [55cm]

The first 4 targets were definite "dig me" signals, the fifth had a signal that warranted investigation.

The 4500 was using an external speaker.
The 5000 was running a Rooster Booster.

Unfortunately a Coiltek training group turned up so further testing was done.

We were very surprised that the 4500 presets would give such excellent results.

I have a B & Z Booster in the mail so will return some time in the future.

Heatho & Diggin-it..

per;...."Both machines were tested in Factory presets only using both coils."

Happens to me when i read too quick lol :p

Anyone been over this site with GPZ with 14" & 19" coils? Be interesting to see how they go compared to some other recent testing as Redfins GPX results certainly sound better just in FP!
That 5 ounce target was put down before xmas apparently & according to another set of test results the GPZ19 could not pick it up in any setting, the GPZ14 got it & the GPX got it but only with the coil flat on the ground? Settings weren't disclosed for all machines & not sure but think the GPX had a NF 12" Evo on?

Any noticeable difference between coils and machines? Did 5000 give a better response?

GypsyGoldAu said:
Heatho & Diggin-it..

Well factory preset could mean to me, normal timing or fine gold on a 5k, or normal timing or enhance on a 4500. Not being smart just wondering if it was normal or the smooth timings.

I guess I'll assume fine on the 5k and enhance on the 4500? :)

Actually what is the FP on a 4500, never used one..... :p

Ok, I downloaded the 4500 manual, in special it's Sensitive Extra that's the fp.

Ok, so maybe I should assume, 4500 was running Sens extra and the 5k was running in fine?

My bad, the 4500 was in Enhance, the 5k in Fine.

worksheets below.

1486283889_img20170205_19293929.jpg

Heatho said:
GypsyGoldAu said:
Heatho & Diggin-it..

Well factory preset could mean to me, normal timing or fine gold on a 5k, or normal timing or enhance on a 4500. Not being smart just wondering if it was normal or the smooth timings.

Wasn't trying to be a smart alec Heatho...I own the 4K so presumed it didn't matter..FP is FP...(and never used them myself, perhaps it is the same on the 4K as well?? :/ )

My apologies for my ignorance. :8

Gypsy

please explain why you would only test in FP ?? was it a time issue with the others rocking up ?
These PERFORMANCE COILS enable you to TUNE the best performance from your machine
heck i rarely ever go under 10 and more often use 12-13 RX and i am astounded how small gold still Booms even using 4-6 stabilizer using enhance
My mate rarely takes his off 15 rx and uses mainly around 5-7 stab and he gets more gold than me ( yes its bit noisy but the gold Screems out)
on our late 4500`s he uses elite 14 and i use 14/9 evo

dave

What ground you on, ?
With a 14*9. And a 15 evo, I can rarely go past 8 on gain, anything more and the ground is too noisy and I miss small targets.

GypsyGoldAu said:
Heatho said:
GypsyGoldAu said:
Heatho & Diggin-it..

Wasn't trying to be a smart alec Heatho...I own the 4K so presumed it didn't matter..FP is FP...(and never used them myself, perhaps it is the same on the 4K as well?? :/ )

My apologies for my ignorance. :8

Gypsy

No worries at all Gypsy, I didn't think that.

Thanks for the tables Redfin. That's quality testing. Well done.
I'm not surprised at those results.
3g and up I consider as big gold and hard to find these days. Wish I was out detecting 20+ years ago. The stories I've heard if guys coming home with a jar full every time they went out. Would have been great. These days finding 0.5g is an achievement (for the Vic GT that is). Of course there are the odd bigger pieces found but I'd suggest most finds are sub 1g; and that is the test of settings and coil. Just my opinion of Vic GT.
Cheers

10fp said:
please explain why you would only test in FP ?? was it a time issue with the others rocking up ?
dave

It was our intention to spend some time there.
The obvious start to any test is in Factory Presets.
We were both a bit taken aback how good they actually were.
I have no doubt I can improve the response but what a great starting point for all those out there
that are confused or not confident with their machines.
Hence the post.

I'll try and get back there nest week.

10fp said:
My mate rarely takes his off 15 rx and uses mainly around 5-7 stab and he gets more gold than me ( yes its bit noisy but the gold Screems out)

dave

I would have thought running the stabilizer that high would have smoothed it out somewhat.

On occasion I run RX at 15, Stab at 20, and turn the threshold off.

Latest posts