dam it Pics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A short while ago, I decided to begin saving the carcass of my mrs flyspray victims, and also other random bugs from around the garden to setup in a smal glass display when im happy with what weve got. Huntsmans are soo bloody quick, its always interesting trying to handle them, so this was an easy way for me to study them withought getting shivers and screaming off the top of my lungs

( note - these were dead carcass, id usually pickup them up from around the house and soak in soapy water to relax the muscles, before pinning them out and their legs in a position i want onto cardboard for drying. The single.pin is so I dont break any limbs off as they are very delicate. Our garden has more than enough of a healthy supply of huntsmans and the frogs to devour them)

Got a phobia yet..?
16602358_10154379472936279_4309905159423283211_o.jpg

AtomRat said:
A short while ago, I decided to begin saving the carcass of my mrs flyspray victims, and also other random bugs from around the garden to setup in a smal glass display when im happy with what weve got. Huntsmans are soo bloody quick, its always interesting trying to handle them, so this was an easy way for me to study them withought getting shivers and screaming off the top of my lungs

( note - these were dead carcass, id usually pickup them up from around the house and soak in soapy water to relax the muscles, before pinning them out and their legs in a position i want onto cardboard for drying. The single.pin is so I dont break any limbs off as they are very delicate. Our garden has more than enough of a healthy supply of huntsmans and the frogs to devour them)

Got a phobia yet..?
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d49210d0c75522020163ff584292361c&oe=593E349A
:lol: :lol: :lol: Used to work with a panel beater who would catch them pulling cars apart and sneak around and put them live on your shoulder
Big ones too, guaranteed every vehicle has at least one hiding somewhere 8)
Only tried me once but revenge is sweet :eek:
He used to target the boss when he was rubbing bog and the s..t would fly everywhere, he was relentless :lol: :lol: :lol:
the odd vehicle would end up with a hail dent from a flying rubbing block :rolleyes:

I walked down the stairs at the front of the house once and I had had more than a bit to drink and in the dark something moved just as I was walking across the concrete (in Bare feet) and this huge huntsman flipped up on its back legs and Bit me on the pad of the middle toe on my left foot, It stung a bit and it did swell a bit and there was two puncture marks in the bottom of my toe, I went up the hospital just to make sure, but they weren't sure if it had cause my blood pressure to do silly things or the Beers, One thing I did learn was how aggressive them Huntsman's are,

Bugga of things, they are.

John.

Ridge Runner said:
I walked down the stairs at the front of the house once and I had had more than a bit to drink and in the dark something moved just as I was walking across the concrete (in Bare feet) and this huge huntsman flipped up on its back legs and Bit me on the pad of the middle toe on my left foot, It stung a bit and it did swell a bit and there was two puncture marks in the bottom of my toe, I went up the hospital just to make sure, but they weren't sure if it had cause my blood pressure to do silly things or the Beers, One thing I did learn was how aggressive them Huntsman's are,

John.

I bet the huntsman didn't or the species don't flip on their backs to bite. I reckon it's more the drink got in the way of the eyes in your toe that caused that 1 to bite :lol:

RM Outback said:
Ridge Runner said:

John.

I bet the huntsman didn't or the species don't flip on their backs to bite. I reckon it's more the drink got in the way of the eyes in your toe that caused that 1 to bite :lol:

I think you right there,

Stupid part about it is that I saw something move out the corner of my eye and I still put my foot down, Not the smartest thing I ever did aye :8

John.

silver said:

Should head over to Thailand Silver, heard their not to bad once deep fried, scorpions are better so they say 8) got me stumped. Can't beet a good steak I reckon and none of these kritters in this thread can or will top that. Some people either do it hard or are just plain ridiculous when it comes to putting a feed together.

LC76 said:
Better get used to eating bugs.
As the population rises our ability to feed everyone with meat declines.

Hope it's not in my life time, better by a salt farm to dry out some tucker if it's gets that serious :eek:

Lmfao silver :lol:

yeah RR - the worst you can really get from a huntsman is a bit of a migrane for an hour or so. Some are extremely timid, where as other are absolutely mental! We just had another climbing on the couches in the lounge hahaha

LC76 - supposibly Soylent goop is the new shiz, also at an unfair price too!.. The Chinese have also been making 'proteine burgers' from human fecal matter... Mmmm fatty burgers

AtomRat said:
Lmfao silver :lol:

yeah RR - the worst you can really get from a huntsman is a bit of a migrane for an hour or so. Some are extremely timid, where as other are absolutely mental! We just had another climbing on the couches in the lounge hahaha

LC76 - supposibly Soylent goop is the new shiz, also at an unfair price too!.. The Chinese have also been making 'proteine burgers' from human fecal matter... Mmmm fatty burgers

A mate who Drove the cane train from Nambour Mill found one that was very extreme one day when he opened the signal box, There was a female one in there Guarding her eggs and this thing Launched her self at him and it kept coming no matter what he did, your right some of them are mental,

John.

SC75 said:
I'm not afraid of snakes,sharks,or just about anything on this planet but i'm shite scared of spiders :|
Not to long ago i was getting ready to go to work and as i was about to go out the back door i saw a big ass black blob of something on the ceiling :eek: yes it was a wolf spider on steroids just above where i had to walk under to get to my car but there was no way that was gunna happen.
So what did i do i woke up my wife at 5:00 in the morning and i said you need to get up and kill this big ass monster spider for me, i was freaking out but the funny thing is my wife is arachnophobic as well, not as bad as me but she manned up :8 got the old vacuum cleaner and killed it :) My kids even chase me with spiders lol. Yeah Yeah i'm a big scaredy cat. :8
Don't trust the old vac mate. I remember when I was a kid mum sucked 1 up in the vac and it came crawling out later all munted up and pissed off. Freaked the poo out of us! It was like some kind of unkillable zombie spider. :eek:

Withought even being there John, Im absolutely cacking myself imagining being a witness of the scene haha
That is certainly another scare they pack..they ol bloody jump! I used to put my fingers in front of them as well until one day, i met the aggressor (my first hntsman bite) hahah

Im down in VIC so compared.to what QLD get, ours are still babies (sais yobskin). Huntsmans have been known to be found 1foot+ in size :eek: :| Now thats a mean for silvers chompers!

Chewy said:
SC75 said:
I'm not afraid of snakes,sharks,or just about anything on this planet but i'm shite scared of spiders :|
Not to long ago i was getting ready to go to work and as i was about to go out the back door i saw a big ass black blob of something on the ceiling :eek: yes it was a wolf spider on steroids just above where i had to walk under to get to my car but there was no way that was gunna happen.
So what did i do i woke up my wife at 5:00 in the morning and i said you need to get up and kill this big ass monster spider for me, i was freaking out but the funny thing is my wife is arachnophobic as well, not as bad as me but she manned up :8 got the old vacuum cleaner and killed it :) My kids even chase me with spiders lol. Yeah Yeah i'm a big scaredy cat. :8
Don't trust the old vac mate. I remember when I was a kid mum sucked 1 up in the vac and it came crawling out later all munted up and pissed off. Freaked the poo out of us! It was like some kind of unkillable zombie spider. :eek:
Hahaha I was thinking the same mate, same as the dunny flush not working as they usually hold a bubble of air in their hair and use it to climb back out. Lmao @ munted up

AtomRat said:
Withought even being there John, Im absolutely cacking myself imagining being a witness of the scene haha
That is certainly another scare they pack..they ol bloody jump! I used to put my fingers in front of them as well until one day, i met the aggressor (my first hntsman bite) hahah

Im down in VIC so compared.to what QLD get, ours are still babies. Huntsmans have been known to be found 1foot+ in size :eek: :| Now thats a mean for silvers chompers!

Dad use to have the Jimna Store but during the day he worked for the forestry Dept and his mate asked him to pass the shovel so he threw it towards him and it hit a web and just stayed there swinging in mid air, He said the Owner of the web was about the size of a dinner plate, It's those bird eating spiders that come out at night that I don't like, Their web sticks to everything and stretches so you just don't know if the bugga is on ya or not, when I was a kid I use to shoot them out the trees at night with an air rifle, I have watched them at night and they let out a single strand of web until it sticks to something and they pull it tight and then they go to work, That strand can be 50 or 60 feet long before it hooks on.

John.

Latest posts