dam it Pics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:| I had a very close look at this today " And I do mean a very close look "
1486247826_20170204_103049_resized.jpg

ERRRRRRR :eek: Yukky
I just looked up at the wright time :) about 100mm off my face .
Well I dont need to say what almost happen in my Reg Grundys :lol: :lol:

stoyve said:
Your a sick man silver :D

He ISSS.....got a classic case of 'cabin fever'...

Someone get round there quick and get him out bush or beach....

For OUR sake lol :p :lol: ;)

Gypsy

limpalot said:
Walking into the web is bad enough. Bit hard to watch the ground and head height too, have to have some pullups handy.
Cheers LL
Yer the sucky bit is
When there was 3 billion Mozzies per square metre then 1 billion Flys per metre :mad: :mad: :mad:
There was not a spider to be walked into :eek:
:eek: Pullups thats disgusting Dude :eek: This is not the tennis :lol: :lol:

I took the family along to the Territory Wildlife Park at Berry Springs NT years ago and when we were going through the walk in avairy I had a very large spider do a tarzan swing straight into me. His web was that thick that I could feel it hit my Akubra just prior to the thump in the chest. I don't know who got the bigger fright, me when he hit me or the family when I went into survival mode. 8) 8)

Lived to see another day but I will certainly remember it.

Cheers

Doug

I just call em grass spiders there is about 5 different ones that seem to like to end up on my lap whilst i am in paddocks on the motorbike.
I was harvesting grass seed the other day and the header had as many spiers and grass hoppers in it as it had grass seed.

Patrick1 said:
Dam It, or anyone, what is the common name of that specific Spider?

Orb Weaving Spider or Garden Orb Weaver, I'm pretty sure.

If it is here's some facts. Over 100 species Australia wide, female are 20 to 30 millimetres in size and males are around 15 millimetres.

Their bite is non toxic can cause swelling, local mild pain and nausea. If symptoms persist see a Dr.

aussiefarmer said:
I just call em grass spiders there is about 5 different ones that seem to like to end up on my lap whilst i am in paddocks on the motorbike.
I was harvesting grass seed the other day and the header had as many spiers and grass hoppers in it as it had grass seed.

I was on the bike at a set of lights the other day, a medium sized huntsman crawled across my face. The visor was up but I had sunnies on thank God. I'm sure the people around me got a kick out of seeing me smashing myself in the face through the helmet lol

dam it said:
Patrick1 said:
Dam It, or anyone, what is the common name of that specific Spider?
Not sure of there proper name ;) ....... That one looks like a Phillip :lol:
Calling them by name is not the first thing that pops to mind when I think one is on ME .......
Damit
You could at least spell his name right ....... Only one l in Philip ..... Ha Ha Ha :D

I remember walking up the side of my boat one evening and straight into a giant web with one of them suckers bouncing only inches away from my face.. Freaking out ive got arms and legs flying everywhere including my bare foot straight up under the mud guard on the trailer... after running of a thousands away from i looked down the see my big toenail sticking up like a vee dub bonnet ..ouch !!!
They are dangerous even if they dont bite you :)

I'm not afraid of snakes,sharks,or just about anything on this planet but i'm shit scared of spiders :|
Not to long ago i was getting ready to go to work and as i was about to go out the back door i saw a big ass black blob of something on the ceiling :eek: yes it was a wolf spider on steroids just above where i had to walk under to get to my car but there was no way that was gunna happen.
So what did i do i woke up my wife at 5:00 in the morning and i said you need to get up and kill this big ass monster spider for me, i was freaking out but the funny thing is my wife is arachnophobic as well, not as bad as me but she manned up :8 got the old vacuum cleaner and killed it :) My kids even chase me with spiders lol. Yeah Yeah i'm a big scaredy cat. :8

Latest posts