XTerra 705 on Target

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls
Well day one and first swing with my new 705 (arn't they a sweet little thing) Had about 1/2 hour so i went to Shoalhaven Heads Beach i think someone beat me to all the pay finds but it was a good practice run
The button (second photo sitting an the black lid) is 5mm and approx 200mm under the sand and was picked up as easy as anything (by the noise i thought it was a lid)
knowing it was there and finding it was a different thing all together (kept falling through the 12mm holes in my shovel lol)
thank heaven for my pin pointer (first use for it as well)
1486112420_100_61001.jpg

1486112435_100_61011.jpg

Look at that 705 chart and discriminate out the stuff you dont want...cuts out alot of junk once you work it out :D

That's a serious fishing rig there, must be some big ones out there :eek:
If you find nothing and the main beach area is empty I aim my attention to the entry paths if there sand ones and the dune edges, beware of the foot deep cans though :mad: :lol: :lol:
Then discriminate and have a swing around the club and the grass near the carpark, can usually sneak the coin out with a pinpointer if there shallow without digging, or take a butter knife or blade if the grass is tight to cut a slit
Probably find a PD through the sand dune tracks as well
I've gone home with nothing but sinkers and junk many times but pick a couple of coins up from the grass and carpark areas

there was a lot of noise around the club grounds a picnic area
but i didnt want to dig as there were a lot of people there so i will get it next time i go out
make sure its a bit later next time
was a bit early as i had to have a play with my new toy lol

Each day i go out i will hopefully have something to put on here with a photo of the area and what i get

sitting in the back room and i can hear the xterra is saying take me for a walk come on dont be a sook leave the dog at home justy you and me come on please
mmmmm ok feels cool enough only 35 no sun
park is 100m away NO one is there ok i can do this
twenty min later you have got to be kidding me
the sweat is coming out of me in bucket loads (i am under the trees in the shade)
no wonder there is no one there the humidity is around 50% and not a breeze
500ml water in that time head home TOOOOOOO hot even breathing is hard all it is is hot air
another 500ml water as soon as i stumble in the door (the longest 100m i have ever walked) and into the air con lounge room beautiful 20 degrees
XTerra is now in the naughty corner for telling me it would be ok to go out
But i did get something
all the coins were from where they play touch footy in about a 300mm area on top of the ground (must have been tackle not touch)

1486267300_100_61101.jpg

1486267325_100_61091.jpg

Hows the stability of the 705 on the beach ? Wet / dry sand ect ?

Been using the eureka gold but want something with LCD / better discrimination and that can cope on the wet sand . Recently got an SDC2300 for gold but just need a coin shooter now.

Bloody hot up here in WA mate i can old go very early and at night.

hi Chriso
mine is good in the sand (only done the dry) but the other day was my first time and the wind was making it not very nice that's why we left early
i am going again this week depending on work so i will put up another post
i have been reading a lot watching utube and using the PM button on here to ask questions so that's how i came to buy mine

7.62marksman said:
hi Chriso
mine is good in the sand (only done the dry) but the other day was my first time and the wind was making it not very nice that's why we left early
i am going again this week depending on work so i will put up another post
i have been reading a lot watching utube and using the PM button on here to ask questions so that's how i came to buy mine

A set of earbuds with an adaptor are the go 7.62

Latest posts