today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Greenhornet!

I went to different park today.
I have lost stamina to dig for a long time because I did not find anything interesting.
All I found were many many pull tabs, very large iron pieces, 1,2 cents, a 20 cent..... I thought I will just buy better one so I don`t dig all signals. I saw many shallow holes around so I guess other people are up early picking up all the spendable... Most of my hole were deeper than digging tool. It was very tiring and no result. :|
1488512709_img_20170303_135047.jpg

1488512709_img_20170303_135101.jpg

keep going mate, i come home with 50 odd ring pulls sometimes........ not to mention all the bottle tops and other crap.

just keep digging and the goodies will come. :Y: :)

Capa, don't let the ringpulls get you down (they are put there to test us).

I'm a bit lazy with my detecting, mainly due to my back and knees but I miss a few things that my detecting mate gets, but he digs everything.
The Go-find will let you know if it's worth digging but you have to be patient and learn what it's telling you. Jumpy sounds are usually rubbish (two different tones or double beeps) but not always!
The lights at the top of your machine will show red or green, only dig the green and you'll cut out a lot of rubbish but you may miss something, it's all up to you!

I can cut out all ringpulls and miss 5,10,20 and 50 cent pieces as well as a lot of gold rings. I can just target $1 and $2 coins and miss most pre decimals but dig bottle tops as well as softdrink cans.

You need to think about where your detecting to determine how to discriminate.

I hope some of this made sense. Stick with it, at least your getting out and having some fun and getting a bit of exercise.

Take Care
Darren

Well done on the silvers Capa, great score mate !
:Y: 8) :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :rainbow: :party:

THANKS everyone!

On Friday after work, I went to another park( SICK!!!) and I found spendable, finally and nice knife and many many bottle top. I was there for 2 hours and on the way home I was driving window down and I got sick. :mad: I was in the bed all day on Sunday...... :N: :N: :N:
I also noticed my GOFIND 60 is slowly falling apart. My armrest would no longer lock so I put duct tape and handle locking mechanism is getting loose.... Not for extensive use I guess. But it looks worn and I look like pro now!?!?!?!? :D NOT SURE that cut 1 dollar coin is spendable..... 80/% is there.... :rolleyes:
1488758659_img_20170304_171856.jpg

1488758659_img_20170304_171906.jpg

1488758659_img_20170304_171929.jpg

1488758659_img_20170304_171955.jpg

Jaros said:
i can't understand why someone cut the coin to have 30 c change.
Oh People???111
He's got a GH DIY trench digger, would go straight through underground copper water and gas pipes and half way through the underground electrical cables, only half way though, the power supply would stop that in a hurry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhhhhha thanks all! Yeah green hornet's croc digga design PAT. Pend. is really sharrrrp! Cut through dollar coin without any hesitation!!!!

I did not find body! Knife was surface find otherwise croc digga would have destroyed it!!!

Sharp as ! :Y: :p
Hunts are getting more productive Capa ! :Y:
Looking good ! 8) :p :party:

Latest posts