today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daggy said:
Mate the go-find is a good machine.
It is no different to any other machine in that you have to get to know it.
My daughter has the go-find 40 and it pisses all over my mates Ace250 on the beach and it does go deep on relics and 1 and 2 dollar coins.
In pinpoint mode it will scream at you to dig if it's a good target and if the lights are red, don't bother. Dig the green loud targets and you'll save heaps of time.
Mind you my mate digs everything and has found two rings that I would have missed in my lazyness with the 705..

Good luck
Darren
When ya mate wants ta throw that nasty Ace away tell him I'll reluctantly take it for 75 50 bucks, better than paying to landfill it. ]:D

silver said:
Daggy said:
Mate the go-find is a good machine.
It is no different to any other machine in that you have to get to know it.
My daughter has the go-find 40 and it pxxxxs all over my mates Ace250 on the beach and it does go deep on relics and 1 and 2 dollar coins.
In pinpoint mode it will scream at you to dig if it's a good target and if the lights are red, don't bother. Dig the green loud targets and you'll save heaps of time.
Mind you my mate digs everything and has found two rings that I would have missed in my lazyness with the 705..

Good luck
Darren
When ya mate wants ta throw that nasty Ace away tell him I'll reluctantly take it for 75 50 bucks, better than paying to landfill it. ]:D

Get him to donate it to a worthy cause, I am poor and have 3 starving kids that feed the family by finding coins.......

Ha he'll never part with the "Ace", he loves it but it drives him mad in the wet sand!

Ohhhhh, I am liking my gofind 60 more and more.
I wish It was weather and dust proof though....
I went to the park near my work again. I found my first one penny. I was so excited to see the large coin appeared!!!!! I also find a strange Palestinian coin. And I also found my first rifle bullet.
I am still learning this detector. I realized even with pinpoint mode it identify the type of target. But I dug all the target.

I went Ballarat on Friday and start detecting at park. Officer told me that It is Not Allowed to do any metal detecting in the city of Ballarat. So Ballarat is no go zone.

1488193400_img_20170223_192546_1.jpg

1488193441_img_20170223_192602_1.jpg

1488193514_img_20170223_192655_1.jpg
1488193539_img_20170223_192655_1.jpg
1488193567_img_20170223_192727_1.jpg
1488193602_img_20170223_192642_1.jpg

Noice coins Capa, congrats on the first penny find mate ! :p :rainbow: :party:

Did you tell him you weren't looking for gold. :D I guess most areas in Ballarat are heritage listed, and that could technically land you in hot water if searching in such areas in Vic (stupid "anything over 50 years old" legislation). At least you got a few goodies before being moved on. :)

Goldpick said:
Did you tell him you weren't looking for gold. :D I guess most areas in Ballarat are heritage listed, and that could technically land you in hot water if searching in such areas in Vic (stupid "anything over 50 years old" legislation). At least you got a few goodies before being moved on. :)
No I did not tell him. I think he knew what I was looking for though. He told me there are people digging up land area around lake not even filling the hole. He saw my plug filled nicely told me " At least you are doing right thing" I used small digging tool and it cut very nicely and plug came out in one piece because soil was compacted and wet slightly. I only found a 2 cent there and totally green colour.... :N: I only did 15 minutes. There are so many parks in Melbourne and there is no shortage. I will stick with my local park for a while as I am finding different things every time I dig.

HoudiniHarry said:
Vic (stupid "anything over 50 years old" legislation)

So we were told the other day anything including bullets are covered by the Vic legislation.
Hard to police and not sure if it is a workable law.
If I was there on Sunday or Sunday morning no one would have approached me, I think.
I guess I will have to step up and start digging for gold at one of Allowed area..... :lol: