today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to. The farm near my house and dug few holes. I select coin only mode and sensitivity reduced to 2.
All I fund were some junk metals. I found nice disc, probably made of aluminum and number 69 is hand written on it.
But I really wanted find a coin but I found very difficult to judge the right signal with this machine.... :mad:
1485941452_img_1485931769748.jpg
1485941600_img_20170201_170959_1.jpg

The GF60 is probably not the best in areas of high concentrations of iron junk with the mono coil, probably my most hated thing about that detector. Though nothing wrong with iron relics, some can be quite interesting historically.

You may well find some of the older coins will be a little too deep on sensitivity 2, might just be the case of isolating small/deep targets amongst the larger iron objects using the pinpoint mode (as done when using the Ace 250). :)

Goldpick said:
The GF60 is probably not the best in areas of high concentrations of iron junk with the mono coil, probably my most hated thing about that detector. Though nothing wrong with iron relics, some can be quite interesting historically.

You may well find some of the older coins will be a little too deep on sensitivity 2, might just be the case of isolating small/deep targets amongst the larger iron objects using the pinpoint mode (as done when using the Ace 250). :)

Hello, Goldpick Thanks for your reply. So I guess when I find target and check it with pinpoint mode and if it scream too much it, is mostlikly large metal item?
I am very much interested Xp Deus but I just started with Go find 60 so I would not want another one too soon. I see a guy in Germany making youtube video with Deus and he uses numbering system to decide to dig or not.

In dry beach Go find worked ok or it was easy to dig so I did not mind digging every good signals.

I will go back there again try. Although I saw many shallow holes... I guess many other detctors were there already...

Thanks

Good start Capa, waiting to see your continuing adventures and finds now. :p 8)

Thanks Smorky Bandit and AtomRat! It is funny that walk 50 meter in the same farm and I found old coins! Not single bottletop! :eek:

I just love canslaw and cut coins.

Is there something wrong with me ? LOL

You probably should invest in one of these for doing the park digs, less intrusive but does the job really well.
You can get the cutting teeth on the left or right side.
Not as cheap as a Bunnings garden tool, but you will never break it either, I have 3x of them now, well worth the money.

1487660370_digger.jpg

Available from - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/profile.php?id=3149

Nenad is a nice guy, a forum sponsor, supports his products and will see you right for this tool.

silver said:
8) That digga's bldy sharp Capa, ya cut the coin right in half. :eek: :lol:
Ahhh I hope I did not cut it. I did not find the other part.....
I was initially digging with hand tool but most of target was too deep so I decided to dig with my Croc Digga. I will go back to the park when I can. But so far, I can see this park was erected during 1960?...

Very cool, the Leiche is the same thing, they are all the bees knees for light digging.

"Croc Digga" Hahaha...

Would like to see you digging out a Croc with that tool. LOL
But an appropriate name too.

I love finding cut coins, thinking of a display board just of cut coins and dented ones too.

Greenhornet_au said:
I love finding cut coins, thinking of a display board just of cut coins and dented ones too.

Now you mention "display board" I am interested to see how you and other people are organizing their finds.
At the moment I just put place and date on the bag and put them in the converse shoe box. I put all the spendable in the XP deus SAVING money box.

I would like to know a good source for those coin books for display, at the moment ours are kept like yours or just in a pile as they are not cleaned and sorted.
Kato has been given individual plastic containers for her best finds (in her mind, LOL) they are ALL special finds to her, thats pretty cool too.

I envisage a display board on the wall for display behind glass, like a picture frame, but I reckon I need about 200 items to make it interesting, considering it is to be only damaged coins that are cut in pieces or missing bits.

So if any one wants to donate cut coins, I will happily make use of them. ;) :)

Mate the go-find is a good machine.
It is no different to any other machine in that you have to get to know it.
My daughter has the go-find 40 and it pisses all over my mates Ace250 on the beach and it does go deep on relics and 1 and 2 dollar coins.
In pinpoint mode it will scream at you to dig if it's a good target and if the lights are red, don't bother. Dig the green loud targets and you'll save heaps of time.
Mind you my mate digs everything and has found two rings that I would have missed in my lazyness with the 705..

Good luck
Darren

Latest posts