Treasure Mate II feedback

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good! (Pun intended)
Vktek make quality gear, reckon it would would be good.

Have used one for nine months. No problems. New version has rechargeable 9v internal battery which is better as removing screws and replacing battery in the field is a bit of a pain to remove the 4 screws every time the battery dies. Double check cord length will be long enough as they are not that long. Hope this helps.

Yeah have one of the new ones with rechargeable battery which is via micro usb so handy. Last for about 10 hours. Really good unit and very happy with it, email him and he will make it with a cord to suit you I got a short one for the wireless module on the Z so no excessive wires. Really solid and well built too, to be honest cant really tell the difference between it and the B&Z booster speaker combo.

goldwright said:
Yeah have one of the new ones with rechargeable battery which is via micro usb so handy. Last for about 10 hours. Really good unit and very happy with it, email him and he will make it with a cord to suit you I got a short one for the wireless module on the Z so no excessive wires. Really solid and well built too, to be honest cant really tell the difference between it and the B&Z booster speaker combo.

Thanks mate,
Sounds good, much the same as the B & Z well then it's a goer especially the fact it's a 2 in 1 unit, just purchased the Deteknix wireless combo.
cheers
Lee

Hi Lee,
I've owned 2 of these units in the old style - open up to replace the internal 9v battery.
IMO they aren't quite as high in volume as others but in saying that I doubt anyone would need max volume on any of them. Never used headphones with one so can't comment on sound through them but assume it would be more than adequate.
The older units could tend to strip out from removing/replacing the screws to replace the battery if care isn't taken when retightening. The new rechargeable battery set up looks to be a definite bonus there.
On one of mine I managed to damage the lead down near the plug end using on the SDC2300. At the time I wasn't using wireless which would have eliminated doing it especially on the SDC. Not throwing stones at the units as with more care/thought I would have prevented it but I can be a bit rough on the gear :D plus being connected to the SDC is a pain hey. IMO even though like goldwright says having a short lead with a wireless set up eliminates tension on the lead a NDT/replaceable lead would be a good feature on these if possible too.
I would get another one & have been considering one for the GPZ once I recover from the xmas spending. Having it as an all in one unit is what makes them attractive to me - no extra lead/connection to speaker! Overall I rate them highly & have used most commercially available detecting specific units + some not detecting specific.

Hey mbasko,

Thanks for that good bit of info mate, yes the all in one is a real bonus & why I'm looking at it less join/components is a good thing.
will definitely get 1 after I sort out a few bills, will be ready for the season, with a booster & speaker on the SDC totally wireless No gold will be safe LOL
cheers
Lee

Latest posts