At gold or Minelab sd2200d

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have just about decided my next detector will be a Garrett AT Gold but a mate has a Minelab sd2200d and I like it also.

At gold pros...

Totally underwater up to 10 feet. Some waterholes I would like to look at. I am a scuba diver...

Iron discrimination mode. Handy in rubbish areas.

Tough all round detector and last..

Have seen videos on youtube of others finding small 0.5 gram nuggets with this..

I know the Minelab is a well respected detector and for good reason.

I have some small flakes of gold and my mates sd picks them up with no problems.

So, just before I lay down my hard earned $1600.00, Any comments from some owners of either.

Greg

Welcome,
Where are you from & plan on detecting?????
I started with a SD2200d, have found plenty of gold with it, small & large, payed it off many times!!!
A must have with the SD is an audio booster as the volume is terrible.

I would go the SD they just have the runs on the board, but you will need to be aware you are following more sensitive detectors so smart detecting is a must.

cheers
Lee

Welcome to the forum. :D

Seems you may have answered your own question Pennypincher.

ML sd2200d as good a detector as it is....is no use to you IF your only desire is to explore 'waterholes'...

Guess you could get the sd2200d, go find some gold or relics and use the funds from sale of such, to purchase the AT????

This would give you a higher chance of getting returns, as there are more targets on land than in the water.

It seems it comes down to which type of detecting you will primarily be doing.

Good luck in your new hobby.... :cool:

Gypsy

SD all the way mate specialy compared to a VLF AT gold. SD being a pulse induction detector will give you less headaches in the gold feilds. The easy VLF gold days are well gone ?

At gold everyday of the week mate and its so versitile with target id. Itll let go coin shooting too. And under water

SD .. pulse induction proven on mineralized ground .. vlf a pain at times .. also SD would punch deeper in the ground.
Good for finding small bit to very large nuggets if you walk over them.
I wouldn't take the SD to water thou .. you will need a booster with the SD ..

Latest posts