MY FIRST QED GOLD FIND

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done METRALA sounds like an exciting bit of gear that I need to have a look at.

Good to hear some gold is being found with the QED and thanks for posting your finds.

I will admit i had seen a lot of the bs over the years and was not expecting much, but if it is finding gold and a viable detector then that will be great news for those of us with tight budgets.

Hi Forum,

G`day D4G, I noted settings last night with Sadie coil ( Nugget Finder ) settings should have been same as previous day.

1-Delay: 144
2-Bias: 50
3-Vol: 51
4-Gain: 001
5-Mode: 001
6-SMF: 050
8-Pitch: 025

I will see if I can improve response with settings using last bit it found.

G`day Shiven, yes it does find gold and great value. I think I paid around $1200.00 for my FT16000 back when.

The B/S that has been going on lately, there was a good thread about QED that I was following where some Gentleman was giving some info on His thoughts and now it has vanished.

Hope it cools down soon.

Cheers

METRALLA said:
Hi Forum,

G`day D4G, I noted settings last night with Sadie coil ( Nugget Finder ) settings should have been same as previous day.

1-Delay: 144
2-Bias: 50
3-Vol: 51
4-Gain: 001
5-Mode: 001
6-SMF: 050
8-Pitch: 025

I will see if I can improve response with settings using last bit it found.

G`day Shiven, yes it does find gold and great value. I think I paid around $1200.00 for my FT16000 back when.

The B/S that has been going on lately, there was a good thread about QED that I was following where some Gentleman was giving some info on His thoughts and now it has vanished.

Hope it cools down soon.

Cheers
Thanks mate.
I see the gain is set to 01, does the QED have a stabiliser or is it named something else?
Those settings names are very different, how will they compare to the gpx detector settings names?
Thanks, D4G

Thanks mate.
I see the gain is set to 01, does the QED have a stabiliser or is it named something else?
Those settings names are very different, how will they compare to the gpx detector settings names?
Thanks, D4G

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi D4G, operation of this jigger is different to GPX.

Have a look at Dealer website.

There is some vids on operation under QED at metal detector area on this forum.

Google Gold Search Australia QED, you can download instructions.

Cheers

Think you may be way off key here with the conspiracy theory :rolleyes: There is a sticky in general discussion even explaining as to the reason why the string was deleted ? From what I read it wasn't the topic that was the issue it was the manner in which it was being discussed ? :(
In short the discussion had turned somewhat feral :)

On another note .............. your avatar ............... Mike the bike ? Ironic when a man that rode like a demon was killed whilst driving to get fish and chips :(
But then same as Greg Hansford killed in a car all be it on a race track ............... but it was stationary at the time ... twists of life hey :|

If forums weren't moderated it would get to the point where there are theats of violence or even death. Sometimes deleting an entire thread is the only way to stop a bunch of grown men fightintg and bringing a whole forum into disrepute. I didn't read the thread you're talking about but I've seen plenty of others where similar arguments happen. Think it's a power trip? Think again. It's up to the members as to whether a thread gets deleted, if they can't be nice to each other then there is little choice for the mods.

Wouldn't it be easier to delete the offending posts, and ban the offending posters? Unless the moderator was one of the s**t stirrers that was involved?
I'm not saying that was the case....

Nobody here can control what other forums are doing. If you have an issue raise it on those forums IMO.
The thread was removed due to a comment by a mod there on being able to "fiddle" with the prototypes. This was taken to be a false misrepresentation by Doug on his forum who threatened legal action & a bit of a inter forum slanging match ensued. They can be "fiddled" with, as can production versions, but only by Howard the QED manufacturer not testers or other users. There was misunderstanding as the prototypes have a data port where the production version does not. Mountain made out of a mole hill IMO.
4umer made the decision to cut the thread before it escalated out of control altogether. It was a shame as there was some good info but ultimately after legal threats management there obviously did what they thought best. Due to Dougs continual attacks on the mod on 4umer it looks like they've decided, for the time being anyway, to exclude all QED discussion. Again ultimately their decision based on what they deem best for that particular forum.
I hope it remains civil here as I look forward to longer term members like Norvic & Davents feedback once they have a chance to get to know the QED better.

davent said:
Wouldn't it be easier to delete the offending posts, and ban the offending posters? Unless the moderator was one of the s**t stirrers that was involved?
I'm not saying that was the case....

Well that's what we would try to do here Dave but sometimes people just go too far and threads become unworkable, which is a pity. Anyway I'm not interested in getting involved in the workings of other forums modding, it's really up to them to make the hard decisions and not for me to comment on.

Thanks for clearing that up also Matt and Lee, it's a shame when good info gets removed but I'm sure it was necessary for the mods there to do so.

Anyway everyone let's keep this thread on topic now as it's going well.

Cheers

Totally agree there Heatho and Mbasko.
We do not want and will not have any crap fights on here.
If there is any attempt to bring any fight over here or insinuations to another person
degrading them especially one of our members or our Forum,
Very swift action will be taken.

Metralla wrote..."I will see if I can improve response with settings using last bit it found."...

Mate, i reckon you missed the boat on that one....

Go out and find a new target in-situ and spend some time before digging it to play around with the settings on a 'natural' target.
(won't get into 'air-test' semantics, but the in-situ is your best bet imo.)

Good luck with the new machine.

Gypsy

Thanks for posting what you have so far. I reckon we should open a QED thread with just info and advice, nothing else, no banter, just use the other threads for that.
Just an info shareing thread for all if us to learn from each others experience.

Latest posts