MY FIRST QED GOLD FIND

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Forum Members, I had my first try of my QED yesterday
Coil of selection was my Sadie.
1485344093_qed1.jpg

I was impressed with in no time. Picked up small lead projectile first, then a lead shot, some charcoal and a little noise I then checked with 2300 which it would not respond to and turned out to noisy ground.
1485344853_qed2.jpg

1485344914_qed4.jpg

1485345132_qed5.jpg
1485345184_qed3.jpg
1485345245_qed6.jpg
1485345288_qed7.jpg

Went out in search for some colour this evening, played around with settings a little 10mins or so and 5mins later this little puppy on hard clay and gravel with only a slide of the pick over surface ( sun baker or 5 to 10mm below )
1485346273_first_qed_gold.jpg

In one word I am impressed.
Cheers

Thanks, yes I'm one of the first got in early.

I have no association with inventor, never met Him, never seen Him.

I have been viewing gold forums for some time now and seen the Muck Raking in the last 8 or so years.

Hope some from other Forums see this post here, there will be egg on Chin.

For all who have ordered I reckon you will be impressed, for all the knockers your behind the 8 ball.

Congratulations to a small Australian Enterprise.

Happy Australia Day All.

Congratulations nothing beats finding gold with a new machine even better when it's new technology.

Mod's will need to add a QED option in Metal Defectors.

Finally able to order one, so I am on the waiting list.
I'm really excited about getting my QED, I ordered one in December, but had to cancel due to a badly timed bill. Now I'm paid up, waiting by the post box! I don't have a set of headphones at that will fit at this stage, and ordered a Nokia speaker until I decide on the right headphones for me.

What I want is a set of wireless headphones, with a longish battery life, that can be recharged via USB port.
Not sure because, I use a set of ss300 phones on my 4500, and they are 200ohms, all the wireless models seem around 32ohms. The ss300,s lift the soft signals amazingly, will 32 ohms be enough with the QED?

Some detectors won't drive the high ohm type Dave. Might be worth asking the question as to what ohms will suit it? I think I read on the QED forum that it has an inbuilt class D amp so lower ohm headphones should be ok & it should drive higher ohms too? Again might be worth asking to double check.
Also Reg Wilson used TDK WR700 wireless headphones on the QED & said they had a good clear sound. Their specs state they are 32ohm.

First and foremost, very nice looking ground there metralla and secondly well done on the gold with the QED.

davent how much are the QED detectors $ Does it have an actual speaker or just a headphone socket ?

I am really looking forward to your thoughts of the QED. I am looking at getting another detector that is as good or better than my SDC without costing an arm and a big toe.

Wishfull said:
davent how much are the QED detectors $ Does it have an actual speaker or just a headphone socket ?

I am really looking forward to your thoughts of the QED. I am looking at getting another detector that is as good or better than my SDC without costing an arm and a big toe.
Advertised for $1800 Goldsearch Australia selling them could be my first big investment in the Detector market. BD

I have a set of JBL 32 headphones and they are great for those really hot days
as they do not cover your ears completely.
As for volume, No Problems. :D :D
Have used them on my 4500 and 705.

Hi, went out this evening to same spot I got the other morsel. It was only 5mm deep ( shallow )

1485513933_qed_snd_find.jpg

Still have Sadie on, yet to try any of my others may be 8" Commander next over this spot.

QED runs nice and smooth stuff all noise even in strong winds as the other day was (it was very still tonight) I like the way it can be turned on its side and no EMI.
It gets the odd EMI spike swinging it flat on ground not a drama though (Excellent for listening for faint signals)

I have been using my iPhone ear buds, seem to work fine till I get to Town and get an adaptor and try some of my headphones, might look into some wireless system.

I will have to do some tests with my settings on the bit I got before and see if signal response can be improved.

QED seems easy enough for me to tune in, to its full potential dunno only used it for 6 or so hours.

Looking forward for some other reports, should be a few around now.

Cheers

Latest posts