Minerama 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes not long now... Some Field trips may appear to be sold out. :| .. But I heard that some are kept aside for 'Walk-ups' on the Day...Be early if you want one of these tickets... :)

LoneWolf...

Ok Riley just for you... some things I found in the 'Carpark' last year....
1487752143_14500563_10208784529425605_2425904133132951547_o.jpg
1487752174_14543950_10208784528665586_1490215271153462433_o.jpg

And 2 Field Guides Not doing their job.. :eek: . Lol... Not me... :cool: The Area in the Background that is taped off is where the Old Shaft goes down... We went to do a pre-inspection one day(very heavy rain) and when we went back the next day we found a lovely 15m Deep Hole :eek: and during the Field Trip it was still sinking... Nothing to worry about as it was a shaft down into solid rock about 50m Deep and was just settling from all the rain.. The Mine was only filled in around 1996.. Now that would be a spot to get into.... but a real Danger Zone to enter.. :(

LoneWolf....

Booked my 2 field trips a while back.
Might see some of you up there. :)
Will be keeping a look out for you Lonewolf. :) :Y: :D

jimnyjerry said:
Booked my 2 field trips a while back.
Might see some of you up there. :)
Will be keeping a look out for you Lonewolf. :) :Y: :D

:p ... Im sure Bob will point me out... ]:D .. May even stay at Bob's on Thursday Night.... Could be a night not to miss I think.. O:) :Y:

They were found in the Car park Riley... seen some beauty's from on top too... Keep your Eyes open everywhere... you never know what you may find.. 8)

LoneWolf....

My booked field trips are

Thurs. yellow creek

Fri. Rosemeadow

Sat. Sheepstation creek

I chose all the NEW areas, looking forward to seeing some colour.

I will be staying on for a few days so will be visiting the emerald area after the field trips are over

I have spoken to the owner and he seems very nice chap, he is a Geologist from The Illawarra area, looking forward to meeting him

Steve is a Sedimentary Geologist.... But he is learning the Rock side of things very well... Plenty of practice for him, right on his doorstep... Make sure you visit the Mining Museum at Emmaville, well worth a visit... Steve is also a volunteer at the Museum, so you may get the Guided Tour.... :)

LoneWolf....

Leaving Camden tomorrow evening for Minerama Glen Innes, gonna stop and rest about 3 hours worth, then onto Minerama wednesday morning.

Looking forward to meeting up with some PA members, will be camping in Fossickers Caravan Park.

I will not be tattooing my name on my forehead Just wearing a Blue Tumbarumba cap

See yous all there

ray

Cool, Shall keep an eye out for you Ray 8) ... All those travelling to Minerama, Have a Safe trip and most of All Have Fun... :lol:

LoneWolf....

Ah, Good to see the Young One's are keen.. :lol: .. I will keep an eye out for you too Riley.. 8) .. Looks like it's going to be a real busy Minerama. :p .. Even Stephen from NAPFA is calling in to say G-day.... :Y: at least I will get out to do some Fossicking after the Week-end.... :D

LoneWolf....

Myself and Bezza will be heading off Tuesday morning. Should get to Glen Innes Wednesday morning for a bit of a look around.

Gilly47 said:
i would like to meet up with NAPFA if that's possible ??

ray

I don't know Stephen's plans for the week-end Ray, but he mentioned that he is going to Minerama and he will call in and have a chat... I would say he will be in NAPFA gear so should be easy to spot. 8) .. Not sure if they have a stall, but last year there was a Detector Stall there, so that might be a good place to look for him...

Safe Travells Willo1 and Beeza... Looking forward to a catch-up.... :Y:

LoneWolf....

Hey rileymcsmiley,
Are you on the Emerald mine field trip tomorrow? Me and Willo1 will see you there.