Minerama 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have had a few hassles with on-line booking but that seems to be resolved.

...Minerama March 10-12 Glen Innes.... Field Trips are on the website... minerama.com.au....

Im going :D but no Field Trips for me...Helping a mate with his Stall this time :/

LoneWolf.....

Hopefully I will be attending this one with another member. Planning on staying up there for about a week. Does anyone know what the field trips are like. Are they worth it or are we better off finding other areas to have a look at?

Of course they are worth it.... Weather you find something worthwhile is another story... These Field Trips are generally on Private Property, so not an area Everybody has been before you... Maybe Mined before you, but it hasn't been picked -out so to speak... Some places are worth a visit... some are not so good... I noticed that they are going to a place that was a major disappointment last year... maybe somewhere different on his property is the Q asked this year.... I have Nothing to do with Minerama Field Trips... Only Emmaville Gemfest Trips... I haven't been to most of Minerama's Locations so I have not much info on them.... But have seen some very nice Stones that came out last year... You could 'Pick' a trip or two to go on, then the other days do your own thing... Emmaville, Torrington, Inverell Plenty of locations to choose from... But the Goodies are getting harder to find...Just like Gold... ;) If you Don't know the area, I can point you in a few Directions around there... ;)

LoneWolf....

Hey Lonewolf, I think me and Willo1 just might take you up on that offer. We have never been there before so would be grateful to be shown around. Looking very much forward to the trip.

Bezza said:
Hey Lonewolf, I think me and Willo1 just might take you up on that offer. We have never been there before so would be grateful to be shown around. Looking very much forward to the trip.

I hope to squeeze in a Field Trip but things are looking doubtful... Im helping a Mate with his Stall this year, so not much time to Fossick :(

LoneWolf...

Lonewolf,
Any chance you could give me an idea of what field trip seems worth while? I was thinking Sheep Station creek or Rosemeadow (Yarrow Creek). I have already booked the field trip to the Emerald Mine (Because I would really love to find one, lol). Your thoughts? Thanks

Yes those 'New' Locations sound interesting.... and The Emerald Mine is actually de Milhous Lode/Mine.... This Location will only improve with more people picking over it as they filled the Old Mine in with all the piles that had the Emeralds in... :rolleyes: Some Nice finds last year at Gemfest, and Steve (the Owner) only has improvements Planned for the Future.... ;)

Gilly47... that would be my choice if I had a chance to fossick... + Emerald Mine... :lol:

Bezza... PM sent....

LoneWolf...

Thanks mate, got your Pm and replied. And thanks for the above too. Very helpful. Cheers

Ok guys, have booked my 3 field trips.. Now after cheap accommodation, place to park the caravan, power site preferable. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Cherokee.

If you are looking for the best price I would suggest the showground.
The GI council may offer help also 02 67302300
Its a visitor friendly town, council also maintains 3 local short term stay free camp spots.
Good luck with your fossicking. Been very dry so creek bed digging will be popular and productive.
Mike

Hope Those that are going to Minerama this year have purchased their tickets for the Field Trips already .... There are NOT many left on some Trips.. :rolleyes: Hate for you guys that are coming to miss out.... :)

LoneWolf....

Latest posts