Dream mat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, mate, I still need to set up a way to carry it on my back, anaconda have a 25%off storewide sale, might pop down and look at some packs.
It looks easy to carry, but it's a funny size and it takes a few trips by the time you carry the battery, pipe etc, all up it doesn't weigh that much.
When you carry it in front with both arms it's hard to go down hills as you're off balance and no spare hands to grab trees etc to steady yourself.
Backpack should solve that.

nice job, If i had a sluice with mats I would certainly go straight to the dream mat.

Well i tested it and its this simple ,

Unless you enjoy having a good bucket of cons to pan out in your spare time at home "do yourself a favor and buy it" (Q: Molly M)

Its not all marketing hype it simply does exactly what they reckon it does :Y:

Opan, I've heard of a few blokes taling about Alice pack frames. You can order them through the disposals or ebay. Basically the backpack frame, but no pack. The problem is they cost about a hundred bucks.

I was having a look at a local vinnies and they had a few packs or even travel bags that may suit. (I think the packs may have been a little small), but you never know what your vinnies might have.

If you aren't walking far, bunnings has a trolley for $25 which has pretty big wheels, not too heavy and is rated to 250kg.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/250kg-p-handle-trolley-with-pneumatic-tyres_p2972045

brendomac said:
Opan, I've heard of a few blokes taling about Alice pack frames. You can order them through the disposals or ebay. Basically the backpack frame, but no pack. The problem is they cost about a hundred bucks.

I was having a look at a local vinnies and they had a few packs or even travel bags that may suit. (I think the packs may have been a little small), but you never know what your vinnies might have.

If you aren't walking far, bunnings has a trolley for $25 which has pretty big wheels, not too heavy and is rated to 250kg.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/250kg-p-handle-trolley-with-pneumatic-tyres_p2972045

Yeah thanks mate, I had a look at anaconda, all their stuff were of the new all soft no frame type.
Then a disposals store, nup the fella said, as they haven't made the frame type for so long.
I'll keep looking, didn't think of op shops, thanks :Y:

I really wanted a backpack, as some areas are just too bloody steep to use a trolley and you need both hands free to grab stuff so you don't go A over T.

I cant say its more gold cause every dig varies it is as good as i have had in that patch for that amount of time 1.5 h digging 2 hrs banking, but theres more fly poop specs and panning it just then i had plenty of rinse aid but there was still floaters so i reckon the dream mat catches more of those elusive floaty specs
1491029835_img_20170401_170303_781.jpg

Zoom in and check the fly poop specs out 8) :lol: i always had a few but theres more and i will seive and blue bowl tailings because i reckon theres gold dust in it :Y: :Y: .
So for a 6 hour round trip i grossed $11 bucks approx ,
coffee milk and can of coke = $12,
feul = $15 maybe
getting home with only a small pan of cons to do = priceless :lol: :Y:

Classic... its true about floaters i just did a gph test with some tricky material and when it came time to pan the bloody stuff floats everywhere... good to see ur enjoying urself mate thats what its all about

That's brilliant AF.....just shows how good this dream mat is. If I was ever going to get another sluice or unit, I'd get this stuff. On ya Dustin for bringing this product to the prospecting market.

aussiefarmer said:
I cant say its more gold cause every dig varies it is as good as i have had in that patch for that amount of time 1.5 h digging 2 hrs banking, but theres more fly poop specs and panning it just then i had plenty of rinse aid but there was still floaters so i reckon the dream mat catches more of those elusive floaty specs
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/5729/1491029835_img_20170401_170303_781.jpg
Zoom in and check the fly poop specs out 8) :lol: i always had a few but theres more and i will seive and blue bowl tailings because i reckon theres gold dust in it :Y: :Y: .
So for a 6 hour round trip i grossed $11 bucks approx ,
coffee milk and can of coke = $12,
feul = $15 maybe
getting home with only a small pan of cons to do = priceless :lol: :Y:

Great stuff mate, I got back into it to find enough gold to make my wife some jewelry I REALLY bloody earned, so everyone's value on the result is different for different reasons.
But it's still great being out in the bush, especially for an overnighter, having a few beers and enjoying the experience, even if you don't get bugger all.

Hello All,

When I saw this mat I thought it wasn't going to be that great, but I ate my words quickly over the weekend after closely inspecting it.
I didn't see the small catch dimples were the the gold gets trapped. A smart design indeed.
I think over the next month or so I will get myself a 10" mat and incorporate it into the sluice setup.

I also had a look at your Bankers and they are certainly a well made product that had a lot of thought put into them for sure.

I was up at Warwick on the weekend and bumped into a few diggers up there with your set-up and was very impressed.
I went home 1 1/5 days earlier before time and only scored 1.48g of the yellow. The boys played up a bit and my heart just wasn't in it this time, next time I will only take one.
Again well done.

P.s Yobs, I will be up at the Gymp on this coming weekend for a day, will talk soon.

Cheers

Brad

hey Brad sounds like you had a good time at Warwick nice blokes up there, gram and a half is better than a poke in the eye mate :) im glad you see the merit in the engineering behind the cells, theres alot of applications where this stuff works, were working with gold companies in the scale of 1 million tonne per year and the coal sector now too. the science is rock solid and simple thats the best bit, easy to see why when you see it under water . thanks for the nice comments mate

I bought an 8" Dream Mat to make a small sluice/power sluice. I wanted something very portable that I could carry up the creek to different locations. Fantastic. Last Saturday I was power sluicing for 6 hours with material classified to 1/2 inch. Came home with 1-1/2 cups of cons. Had a catch tray at the bottom of the sluice; found 2 fly specs of gold in the catch tray.

Dream mat.

Clears quickly,
Catches everything.
Quick to clean up.
Light to carry.
Only 1.5 cup of cons for 6 hours work.
High and low water rates don't seem to affect performance (other than time to clear).

Can't ask for much more.

Hi guys,

I am new to this game. GOlddigg, I bought a dream mat from you about a month ago after being very impressed with some of the YouTube clips that you put out. I built a sluice very similar to the one that you have been using. I can't speak with any authority as this is a new game for me but I can report on what I saw. A mate and I took our sluices to a creek and began running some gravel through them. He had a high banker with riffles and minors moss, I used the sluice with the dream mat. Both units used bilge pumps (about 3000gph per unit) My mate said that the high banker needed a bit more water (a 10 inch machine) My 8 inch sluice had good water. Both units worked well in my opinion. At cleanup time a real difference was obvious. The high banker took about 5 minutes to clean out cons for panning where as the dream mat was less than one minute. The dream mat had less than half the heavy material to pan off compared to my mates system. We both ended up with about the same amount of gold (not very much) My mate was very impressed with the way the dream mat operated. Quite frankly, I would be happy to run either system because they both trap gold but I would not swap the dream mat due to the reasons mentioned above.

Cheers

Les

Brendomac

Only did the one clean out at the end of the day.

I can just get by with an 1100 gph bilge pump (as it is only 8" wide) and a 17AH battery will run all day.

Makes carrying all the kit a lot easier.

Further Information on the Dream Matt.

I noticed that some of you warn about starting/stopping the pump as there is a chance of loosing some of the material in the sluice.

Yesterday I decided to test that out with my little Dream Matt sluice.

I put a pan at the end of the sluice each time I stopped/started the pump (about 10 times) during the day. I then panned the results after each stop/start.

For the whole day, I did not find anything in the pan.

Although stopping/starting might be an issue for some/most sluices, from my testing, it has no affect on my Dream Matt sluice.

Very Happy.

Latest posts